• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ping! For iPhone

tim

Get Ping! For iPhone and iPod Touch.

It's free today or £5.99 tmrw!

Free texts to anyone at all! Just get their username.

Srsly! Well worth it! Anyone! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

My username is timpennington

Harry

Don't wanna sound ssilly but, presumably you need internet connection for the app, right? What's wrong with using the mail app?

Not being difficult, just genuinely curious :)

C

chrismitchell

don't know if I would use this Timbo if it only works between other people with Ping! :) nice find though :D

tbwcf

Harry said:
Don't wanna sound ssilly but, presumably you need internet connection for the app, right? What's wrong with using the mail app?

Not being difficult, just genuinely curious :)
It comes through right away... no delay and pops up like a text

tbwcf

depends on your tarrif, will be extra use for my gf as she's abroad a lot when you text from abroad it takes 5 from your bundle, so she can save her texts for when she's abroad by using ping here.

Harry

Yeah but the main drawback is the iPhone-iPhone thing. I don't have any mates with an iPhone so ping is all but useless to me in that sense. If my missus had an iPhone I'd laughing :(

tim

it goes to blackberry and ipod touch too...

but it's great when you meet new people, easy than taking a phone number.

tim

apple are the ones who control apps (they have MASSIVE guidelines and one app is never just accepted instantly, they all have to be checkedd and trialed and all this)

it's essentially "not texting" - it's closer to email, but with notifications on top of push notifications.

o2 wouldn't stand a chance.

tbwcf

your right Fred, I guess they're not that fussed on texts, but they do block things, like for example you can only use skype when on wifi, otherwise you'd never need to make "calls"