Picking a name for your "brand"

Status
Not open for further replies.
logo4bk8.jpg

Phil,
if you check out all great brands there is a very simplistic approach to them "Apple' Shell, Nike ,IBM, Orange, Vodaphone, Banks, Building societies etc etc. They generally stay away from trendy designer looking fonts because it will date. Serif fonts are easy on the eye to read, lowercase prefered. Look at the letter in the namestyle, you have a lot of consecutive round letters the c and the e are the defining shapes, look for fonts that have good letters. I prefer plain classic fonts as they give a bigger feel, Generall as a rule if i had a an organic graphic like yours with a geometric straight and round feel I would balance it out with a serif font to create contrast. But I would experiment and have a bit of fun. It's all fine tuning now.

I think I ned some sleep now - I'll take in your advice and get back to it tomorow. Greatly appreciate it all.

Ok, Ive got round to selecting some fonts but I HATE deigning for myself!

Any opinions greatly! appreciated.

Thanks, Phil

logo5as7.jpg

im not so sure. i'd say the first one. :D

for the pure fact that it flows and is attractive... but maybe that's just me.

As for the reason...well it is between either 1 or 5 because there is such a subtle difference between the two...the others are too bold for my taste...I like the simplicity of 1 and 5 how they are good sizes but aren't too thick...looking at it again I think 1 would be my favorite just because it is slightly larger and fits better with the logo itself.

Thanks vertigo.

Number 1 was actually the first choice I made to when choosing the fonts for them.

Im off to have a little play with it and will post my changes in a minute

So when I say a couple of minutes I actually mean about an hour once ive had my dinner and got round to doing the changes!

so here it is....more critic greatly appreciated by anyone!

logo6qj2.jpg

depends on what site you put it on... simplicity is good, but in a lot of cases, I'd prefer the aurora one to the black or white bg.

I suppose I should have explained my post first...

It just shows that logo after some kerning changes and adjustments being used in greyscale and reversed. And on the Aurora background that I wish to involve in my branding. Just to show how it works.

Thanks TIm - youve been a real help.

Any more?

Wow just seen you have gone with my suggestion of name!! lol

Invoice in the post haha just messing.....

Hi Phil,

It might be worth us splitting the posts with your logos off into a new thread in the work review or logo & branding section as some people may have missed it within this thread... let me know and I'll copy the posts into a new thread if you like :)

Cheers,
Greg

Yes, please do split the threads - will PM ya just in case there is a chance you have missed this too! Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back