Physical Portfolio Cases - Suggestions?

I think both because we have a lot of digital designers here but I know I would personally like to see more physical ones because I'm a print designer and just want to be nosey :-D

I've got a pretty standard leather-ish ringbinder portfolio case. Im more concerned with getting the content right than going mad about the container, although it would be nice to have something more imaginative. I used to use an A2 case when I started uni. It was BLUE. One of the tutors interviewing me seemed more interested in the case than the work inside! Which annoyed the hell out of me. It sleeps under the bed now, full of A-Level art stuff.

Since then I've condensed a few times and now use a much more portable A4 case. In black. Also got an A3 hiding in the wardrobe.

10004_L.jpg

Product Photo

Point taken on the content over the presentation Jim. I'm pretty confident in the work I have to display, this is all about finding the best way to present the work not distract from it.
Ideally I'm looking for a way that will highlight the work.
This is why I'm keen on putting a book together. A book is all about what's on the pages, not the pages themselves. A case or box sets it's own aesthetic.

Cheers for your thoughts.

Jimlad said:
I've got a pretty standard leather-ish ringbinder portfolio case. Im more concerned with getting the content right than going mad about the container, although it would be nice to have something more imaginative. I used to use an A2 case when I started uni. It was BLUE. One of the tutors interviewing me seemed more interested in the case than the work inside! Which annoyed the hell out of me. It sleeps under the bed now, full of A-Level art stuff.

Since then I've condensed a few times and now use a much more portable A4 case. In black. Also got an A3 hiding in the wardrobe.

10004_L.jpg

Product Photo

Mines similar to the above, nothing spectacular. I often think about updating it, but worry that I'd end up going in the wrong direction.

However i do own this book: Flaunt: Designing effective, compelling and memorable portfolios of creative work

Full of beautiful examples of portfolios, and is great food for thought.

Thanks for the link for FlashBangBook - does anyone has any sample images of the quality of the finished booklet?

I have a book here and it is fantastic, black, 'leather' outer, with perfect binding, It looks like a extremely high quality book. I'll see if I can post a pix

Back