PHP Confused

Ok....UPDATE.

Host acturally looked at the code, I was a little shocked. Personally I thought I had pi**ed them off and they where not going to reply to my question.

Your code: <?php echo "hello world";?>

Their code:

<?php

echo "hello world";

?>

Now not knowing alot about coding there is no difference except for the spacing and hard returns, does this matter?

www.scrumptiouscakes.co.uk/hello.php

Seriously?
That was their answer? :lol:
Ooookay I use 4 seperate hosting companies at work several of which are big on a day to day basis and worked with 2 others and run mutiple testing servers.

Lets see:
Heart
Fasthosts
GoDaddy
UkHosts4u
Realtime and
Qubic
Xammp - Local testing server mutiple versions.

And I have never experianced that, try it and if it works try it without the hard breaks, and if it works then they have fixed something else it is a stupid setting and I would have done the exactly the same as you.

But thats Uni coding and in my opinion, bad, as it is a waste of space and is meant to make the code easier to be read by developers who are...how to put this, less mmm.......yeah capable of reading code and IMO developers who can't read one lines need to improve not the people who can code to the weakest link, sorry rant over. :D

But that will also be your problem with Wordpress i bet. Can you install that yet?

But that is far less efficient for the only thing that needs to read it, the web server as it means it has to parse a few more bytes than it actually needs to.

Aslong as you have a space after the start php tag then it works fine on some of the biggest hosting providers in the UK and the worldwide testing server XAMPP.

Try it and see. :)

Back