PHP Confused

Hiya, Server has insisted that the PHP is working fine at their end. :( I just don't know anyone.
<?php phpinfo(); ?> uploaded but as before nothing, and yes the code shows in the source. Have you any other ideas cos I'm sure there isn't many more :(

Then I would reply back with the page with the simple echo and say something along the lines of:

"O brilliant thanks, can you explain this please?
You will need to view the source to see the problem.
[Link goes here], as it doesn't appear to be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated to why the PHP tags are not echoing out or being stripped.

Alex

" :)

Thank you for your query

We have uploaded a test php file on the server and this is working fine. Please check the URL below.

http://scrumptiouscakes.co.uk/*******.php

We believed that the problem with your file, indexphp.php, is already with its script. Can you please double check it?

I have sent you a PM with the correct url.

:)

Yeah thats weird as the file you showed me is working correctly. The home pages not through.
Now change all your tags from short tags to normal tags just encase they have fixed it and don't support short tags.

So the opening sections should be <?php rather than <?
Refresh the page.
If that does not work, going with it wont.

Send this:

"
Thank you for your time so far it is highly appreciated.
I am still having problems with simple echo statements and the php code is just getting written to the source, ie not working but being displayed php tags and all when you view the source of the page.

Here is my code which you can find here:

http://scrumptiouscakes.co.uk/indexphp.php

<?php include_once("inc/header.php");?>
<table> Home page content in here </table>
<?php require_once("inc/footer.php");?>
<?php echo "Work god darn you";?>

If it was working I would expect to see the header and footer files included and the simple echo statement echoed out to the page. Can you explain why even the simple echo statement is not working for me please and how come the files are not being brought in because they should be.

Really confused as I can't see any errors in my code, it's pretty basic.

Thanks

Alex

xx

"

They should then be able to show you the errors. :lol:
PS: the kisses may or may not be needed, can't decide. :D

Thanks again. Changed script and sent support ticket to host....now waiting game!

They did write on the last one..."Note: Scripting is already beyond of our scope of support."

Nice?!? :(

I personally would say setting up a server was beyond their scope of support. :)
Just put up a new file containing only:

<?php echo"This aint working";?>

Into a php file off your root directory called:

this-aint-working.php

And load the page, if it is just white, view the source when you can view the php code, send them that when they say yeah we can't debug your code. And explain why thats not eching out to the browser "This aint working" ?

That is as basic as you can get and no debugging will be needed by them, otherwise try another company. :)

Will do. One question, am I saving the files correctly. I am using notepad and saving as **.php (using Saving as type: All files) this may be a factor?

@Mr Case: I am glad you are keeping up, I've still got a headache keeping up!!

On the information file the server gave me it says "Loaded Configuration File C:\WINDOWS\php.in". I don't seem to have this file. I am assuming this could be important!!

Hover over the file with nothing else selected, if the type says php script its a php file. If it doesn't then thats your problem but from everything I can tell thats a php file and thus should work as one. :)

@MRP
Yeah that is pretty scary actually. :D

This one is correct:
<?php include("../footer.php"); ?>

So it must be something else - assume the path is correct???

@ Alex
Yes, just a tad.
I'm assuming you missed the other i off the end of that file so it would be:

C:\\WINDOWS\php.ini

This tells the server where to go to find the php configuration file. This will be local to the server and not your computer, don't worry about it.

@jones916
So is this:
<?php require_once("inc/header.php");?>

What this does is it requires the file only once. If the file is not present it loads a fatal error message, include outputs only a warning which if error viewing is low wont be displayed, the once bit will check to see if the file has all ready been included and if so not fetch it again, faster load times and a much better function from a security and testing point of view to use over require, include or include_once due to its improved error handling as well.

But again pointing it more down to the fact its a server problem because if that was a problem with the code the first require_once would exit with a fatal error and thus you would know where the problem was. :)

My host company is not talking to me now, I think I must of p***ed them off a little. So the file php.ini will be on their server, ok. I don't know what to do now, I am assuming there isn't any more that CAN be done :(

Thanks for all your help on this issue Jazajay. I have a few other this i would like to "improve" on my site so please don't leave the country. Thanks mate :)

Aww not to worry, did notice they have a new £20 per year hosting package and I think a free domain name worth £9.99 a year as part of that deal, 500mb of space so....I really need to get an affilate link off them you know. :)

But all good. If you need any more help just start a new thread and I'm sure myself or one of the other helpful members of the community will happily give you a hand.

Hope you get it resolved soon. :)

Back