Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photoshopped photo

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by davewill, May 3, 2011.

1. davewill

davewill Senior Member

Just seen this image released by the White House to show the moment OBL was killed. Does anyone else think its comped together from other images and heavily photoshopped?

Osama bin Laden dead photo: Obama watching Al Qaeda leader die on live TV | Mail Online

The clarity and light on the US President doesnt look quite right to me. Plus there are a few staff on the right hand side of the image that look as if they have been cut out and stuck in. The guy with the dark hair and light blue shirt looks fake. As does the guy to his right with the white shirt on and the woman between the two of them looks like a cut out.

2. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Ummm very interesting Dave. Wouldn't be the first time something like that has happend. I'm not sure myself.

3. More importanly, what the hell is John Lithgow doing there?

4. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Hey Dave, the graphic guys in the office have come to the same conclusion, that at least the top photo in that links looks odd in places.

5. davewill

davewill Senior Member

Yeah its the top photo that looks odd to me! I dont understand why they would release it as an official image. The conspiracy theorists will be ready to pounce at the slightest possible issue.

Maybe that scene existed but there was no good photography so they have re-enacted the scene using photoshop, but i would have thought there would be a disclaimer with the image rather than pretend its fact.

6. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

I feel sorry for the short woman at the back, she can't really see what's going on, are you sure that's not a pic of them watching the Royal wedding?

:D

7. berry

berry Active Member

He must be doing a recce for his new sit com '3rd shot from a gun'

8. tom thurs

tom thurs Member

9. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Bloody daft. I'm not commenting on their beliefs, none of my concern, I'm commenting on their inability to read and abide by instructions that came with the photo.

10. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

the focus and levels are all over the place on different people who shouldn't look that different!

I love the removal of Hilary!

11. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Looks very professional, especially the webs.com bit.

[​IMG]