photoshop help?

Dan_masoomi

hey dudes im in need of some help, my brains gone blank and i need some help in photoshop..

i have a photograph of the sky with the motorway bridge at the bottom of it

im creating a a3 poster,

the top of the photo only goes up to half way which is fine but i want to make it look like the sky carrys on going up to the top of the page, kind of extending it to the top but keeping the photo as it is.

i want it to look seemless so it looks like all my info and logo etc is in the sky.

im just unsure how to extend the look of the sky as it has a gradient and a slight texture as its a photo. is this an easy job?

thanks

Without seeing the image.

it depends on how much detail you want... you could mask off the sky and then use photoshops content aware scaling if you have a new enough version. It won't be perfect but it may be worth a look....

I'd also suggest maybe adding noise to all the picture at the end just to hide any issues...

You could also obviously mask out the clouds, land etc and delete the sky. You'd then redo the gradient and place the clouds etc as you want them

Depending on what version of creative suite you have content aware scale or fill could be an option (CS4 or CS5 needed). If you google it there's a few video tutorials on how to use it.

Personally, I'd do it the old and dirty way ;) No fancy filters or tricks.
Cut out the existing sky and replace it with a new bigger sky. A completely separate sky image that is bigger than the existing image. Montage the two together and clean up around the seams.
As long as the two images suit each other and you're careful about how you stitch them together it should work, and you'll have more control over the final look.

I second the “old dirty method”. That would seem to be the easiest option, but it’s not the only way. Adding noise to the picture will help distract some imperfections. Let us know how it comes out, I’d love to see it!

Back