Photoshop Cropping problems

ARRIVALS

I'm working on some web layouts at the moment and having a problem with the crop-mark tool.

I've got my layout on screen, and want to crop out some un-needed space at the bottom of the page. Obviously you do that by putting the cropmark edges around the space you want to keep - thus deleting the un-selected stuff. When I confirm the selection, everything on screen disappears, like I've just deleted the whole work space or something.

Never used to do this until this morning, and pretty sure I havn't clicked any options within the crop tool.

I'm stuck! Anyone have any ideas?

Sounds weird, I've never had that happen, and I use the crop tool quite often. A way around it is to use the marquee selection tool, select the area you want to crop to, then Image > Crop

If you do it that way does it do the same thing?

Thanks for that, it worked.

Figured out what the problem was as well. When you first click on the crop tool, there's some options up the top where you choose the width or height of what you're cropping. Somehow I'd managed to change 1400px to 1 px. So when I cropped what I wanted, it was reducing the size of it to the width of 1 px!

Stupid!

Sounds weird, I've never had that happen, and I use the crop tool quite often. A way around it is to use the marquee selection tool, select the area you want to crop to, then Image > Crop

If you do it that way does it do the same thing?

This is the way I always crop my work, I never use the crop tool for some reason... But hey, different ways to skin a cat and all that..

Arrivals, you could of also just changed the canvas size to clip off your unwanted bottom section. But your all sorted now so thats good!

Thought of that, but counldn't change the canvas size, I didn't know what the length of it was. :icon_cheers:

Back