Photoshop 2018 - Colour Issue

ehobbins

I am designing a scamp for a new website and I have designed all of the assets separately (i.e. banners and so on).

The first issue I have is when dragging the content from one canvas to another I get the error

Are you sure you want to convert colours to a destination document with a colour profile that does not match the current RGB working space? Source Display Destination: Display Working: sRGB IEC61966-2.1

I have looked at the colour management settings and they all match.

Also, jpgs change colour. I am working with a blue #00B7FF, if I drag images canvas to canvas within Photoshop there is no change. As soon as I save as a jpg and drag that image to a canvas in Photoshop it turns a slight greeny colour compared to the original.

At the moment I have to remove the background colour blue from my banner and save it as a transparent png to get around the issue.

I have created banners that I want to add to my scamp artboard. So this is where I am seeing the colour differences.

I can't say I have come around this issue before...any suggestions?

Also, I have noticed that the colours do not match up within Photoshop. One canvas is brighter than the other. But again when checking the settings (Edit > Colour Settings) everything seems fine and they all match up.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 12.12.12.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 12.12.12.png
    162.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 11.44.24.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 11.44.24.png
    473.4 KB · Views: 7
Also, jpgs change colour. I am working with a blue #00B7FF, if I drag images canvas to canvas within Photoshop there is no change. As soon as I save as a jpg and drag that image to a canvas in Photoshop it turns a slight greeny colour compared to the original.

Check the colour profile used to save the JPEG is embedded into the JPEG. I had a nightmare job a while back with JPEGs looking different to the client. It was related to embedded colour profiles so it could be that.

Also, I have noticed that the colours do not match up within Photoshop. One canvas is brighter than the other. But again when checking the settings (Edit > Colour Settings) everything seems fine and they all match up.
Try to save the file format as PNG

Colour management is tricky.

Even though the settings are setup it is confusing.

There's a good read on it here - shout back if it's still tripping you up

Back