Photography Website Review

rosedani

Hi Guys,

Well after many weeks of trial and error I have FINALLY finished my first live site! I did intend to work on the front end design in Photoshop and then get a professional programmer to help me out with the coding but in the end decided to try the coding myself! It's probably not perfect code but it pretty much does what I want it to do!

What do you guys think of the site? Feedback on layout, coding etc would be great... I'm still learning as I go along so any lessons that I can take form this site would be a great advantage!

Here's the link: KM Photography | Home

Cheers
Dan

I like it. Whilst I can't comment on the development side of things, the design is pretty nice. The background image with all the flower decoration is very elegant and fits in well with the rest of the pink and black content. The only thing I'm not keen on is how the images up top fade into the background. I think a sharper edge on those would make it look a lot better.

Good job for a first website.

Hi Dan,

I like the design too. The only things I've thought would be;

1. Get your contact details above the fold, so people don't have to scroll to get to you.
and 2. Your email address doesn't look very professional @hotmail.com, you've probably got some free ones with your site?

Thanks for the quick response guys... really appreciated!

Looking at the scrolling images on the home page I agree with changing it from a faded edge to a straight edge. I had real problems getting it to blend properly and don't think it adds to the design at all so might as well remove the blend altogether!

Tony, agree with moving the contact details up as well... will look into moving these to a suitable position I think. Regarding the email address... the site isn't actually for me, it's for a friend of mine and I did mention that she should change this to match the URL of her site but she was reluctant :-( might keep nagging her though so she changes it because it does look unprofessional!

Cheers again
Dan

4 a 1st time website its good :)

but a few things i dont like. that feather on the banner needs to go, make it solid edges

also make ur logo a link bk to your home page.

Back