Photography books

HippySunshine

My boyfriend is doing wedding photography and so was thinking of getting him a decent photography book that he will learn from.

I don't know that much about wedding photography, what books are good and what books aren't.

Does anyone have any suggestions and I will check out some reveiws.
Without suggestions, im not sure where to start.

I find the "Digital Field Guide" series by Wiley very useful. They are usually packed with shots taken under many different conditions with a full explanation of how the professional results were achieved. These books are not hard to follow and should have him up to speed in no time. What kind of camera does your boyfriend have?

Rjho said:
I find the "Digital Field Guide" series by Wiley very useful. They are usually packed with shots taken under many different conditions with a full explanation of how the professional results were achieved. These books are not hard to follow and should have him up to speed in no time. What kind of camera does your boyfriend have?

He has Canon something...! (not much help I know)
He likes these reportage type shots, capturing moments more than posed shots.
He does wedding photography so a book around that would be fantastic.

Thats all I kinda know (god im a bad girlfriend) but it all goes over my head, I dont quite understand it all yet.

Thanks for the recommendation, I will add it to my list and check it out. :cool:

Have you seen this one it has a 5/5 rating ... Great price too!

Digital Wedding Photography: Capturing Beautiful Memories: Amazon.co.uk: Glen Johnson: Books

Same as your boyfried I like taking candid shots at weddings. Here is a moment I captured this summer. I think it is much better when they are not looking at the camera, it feels much less staged.

cns.jpg

Rjho said:
Have you seen this one it has a 5/5 rating ... Great price too!

Digital Wedding Photography: Capturing Beautiful Memories: Amazon.co.uk: Glen Johnson: Books

Same as your boyfried I like taking candid shots at weddings. Here is a moment I captured this summer. I think it is much better when they are not looking at the camera, it feels much less staged.

cns.jpg

Nice shot and thanks again.
Here is some of his work (website by me - shameful plug there :p) Robert Meredith - Cheshire Wedding Photography

:up:

I'm no expert but there are some lovely shots on his site. The monochrome of the rings with the wood grain behind is mint. Does he use Photoshop to apply effects such as vintage, colour splash, sepia etc. If not, it might be a good idea to get him a book on these techniques. It seem to me that many wedding photographers are now offering such services - at an additional cost :)

Rjho said:
I'm no expert but there are some lovely shots on his site. The monochrome of the rings with the wood grain behind is mint. Does he use Photoshop to apply effects such as vintage, colour splash, sepia etc. If not, it might be a good idea to get him a book on these techniques. It seem to me that many wedding photographers are now offering such services - at an additional cost :)

Yes he uses photoshop. I was thinking of something around the photoshop thing myself, but unsure as to what yet.
He has some more recent images that will be going up shortly :)

Thanks for your help Rjho :)

Back