Pete Fowler Competition!?

heavyduty

Hey fellow designforums users!

Was wondering if anybody else entered the Pete Fowler platform toy design competition?!
I'm a big fan of Pete's work and really enjoyed the challenge. Some blog (Dudebox) have collaborated with Mr Fowler and made a whole series of brand new vinyl toys and one if the range will be designed by the comp winner (me hopefully ;))

Anyway, good luck to everyone!

Dudebox — It's competition time

looks like a good competition, but I especially like the line that reads "Just remember this is a design-a-graphic competition not a customisation competition so please make sure you colour within the lines.", makes it sound like a competition for kids.

I really like Pete Fowler and I've seen the comp' although I've not taken part (think it's closed now).
BTW. Dudebox is worth a look as it looks like it's going to be a really good blog once it gets going.

The customisable toy scene is pretty big with things like Dunny's and Munny's and I think the "colour between the lines" thing is just a tongue in cheek way to stop people getting carried away and adding things like tentacles and afro wigs as they do in other comp's.

Good luck heavyduty. You should show us your entry.

Hey Ben, Scott and everyone

Just saw this on dudebox website.. some random submitted designs have been posted:
Dudebox — Design a Fiend

For some strange reason I only like the three fiends wearing ties haha! Anyway, still reckon my design could be a winner ;)

Agree with Scotty, like the look and layout of Dudebox website. Not all posts are good, but I've read some surprising/quirky ones that hit the spot
How about these old paintings turned computer game covers: Dudebox — 80's Game Covers Revisited

Cool!

I like the guy top left and the three eyed blue one.
The blue one looks like Travis Price's stuff.

Back