Personal Site Outranking Design Forums

T

Tony Hardy

Hi everyone,

Things are curious on the SEO front.

If you do a Google search for "graphic design forums" you'll see that my pretty face comes up on the front page alongside an article about me taking over the Design Forums.

However, the actual forum itself is nowhere to be found. Somehow I outrank Estetica too. Howcome one short brief news post on my blog can outrank forums with thousands and thousands of pages of high quality content?
Any ideas?

Tony

I'd imagine it's purely down to your own site pulling good rank in numerous searches. There are some articles I've written on mine that are pulling stupid ranking postions when they have no right to.
For example, if you google 'professional designer' or 'freelance logo designer' a couple articles I've written recently are ranking near the top...which by rights they probably shouldn't be.

For what it's worth, when I google "graphic design forums", Canny Creative isn't anywhere on my first page and the forums are the number one result.
Isn't it to do with your own history etc too, so by viewing your own site more it will slightly distort your results anyway?

dedwardp said:
For what it's worth, when I google "graphic design forums", Canny Creative isn't anywhere on my first page and the forums are the number one result.
Well that's good news! :D

might be because google is not seeing this forum as a 'graphic design forum' and just a 'design forum' (which it is top of). As to canny - not a clue

Sorry, can we get results from people googling it without the " and with the "'s too.!

neither show df anywhere, I do get to see canny creative on both though...

To be fair we don't really have much in the way of seo on this site other than direct threads where google would focus on the thread content over the general term 'graphic design'.
It might be worth adding in an 'about' page or something to add somewhere to stick seo stuff and 'advertise' the fact it's a deign forum :)

Yeah I was thinking that about earlier. Could probably do with tidying a few SEO bits and bobs up.

Back