Personal rebrand logo critiquing (first post)

simmonz02

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the design forum thing but I have been told it’s a great way to get feedback on my work so here it goes.

I have been working on rebranding my online/printed portfolio and attached is my personal logo I have been working on. The idea was to make a font out of my “KS” quick hand signature based on my favourite type Akzidenz-Grotesk. It has since developed from there and this is what I have. I did the classic designer thing where I worked on it until I was happy, then went away, came back to it and hated it, so I’m not sure if I’m just being overly critical of myself or if there is something wrong with it.

Please can anyone offer feedback or suggestions on how to improve or make changes to it if any are needed?

(I’m not really that sensitive but I have been known to burst into tears when anyone says anything bad about my work, only joking please be honest ;))

Attachments

• KS Logo v5.jpg
    KS Logo v5.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 10
  • KS sketches and development.jpg
    KS sketches and development.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 8
Hi, welcome to the forum

Thank you for sharing your work with us,

I am not sure about this, the shape looks a little off? like the x-height of the Ks is off. I think from your sketch's having the letters uppercase could work.

It also looks a little heavy and unbalanced

Just keep playing with it, its always going to be a challenge getting K and S working together.

Jordan

ADDED

Maybe look at something like this, use negative space?

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/223068987763063376/

http://logopond.com/gallery/detail/160936

the k is unbalanced with the 's', it's a relatively easy fix in my opinion though.

Having said that the biggest issue for me is it reads as K&S or K&, it doesn't read as KS

Thank you for the feedback Jordan & Levi,

Jordan: It didn't start of so unbalanced, the problem I had was when I used upper case K and S it ended up looking like K96 :wacko: . I thought that having the S descend the way it does would tie in more with the idea of it being my signature, but to be honest, it looking like an ampersands has been mentioned before so it is a fact that I can't deny. Thank you so much for the linked examples, I will use them when i tweak the design.

Levi: It does look easy to fix but trust me I have been working on it for a while and its proving to be pretty challenging. every change that i make seems to make it look like anything else besides a K and S

I will work on it, I haven't given up on the concept yet.

Comments greatly appreciated

Yes don't give up, that's the fun (and frustration) of design trial and error. This is when we learn the most. :)

Back