personal promotion

rachaelbethany

Hi there,

I'm in my final year of a graphic design degree, and we have been asked to do a project on personal promotion, and I am finding it hard to think of a good way to sell myself, other than the obvious (pens, pencils and magnets)

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on what would be effective or what they have seen themselves over the years that could inspire me.
Thank you for your time

Rachael

Was going to suggest Anagoge's (Neilz Brain) but dont see how it can give inspiration without just taking the idea and editing it

I think it's just useful to see other peoples ideas at approaching companies with self-promotion, even if it's just to show that you don't need to limit yourself to sending in a CV and some work samples, the approach to the agency/company can be the original idea in itself, if that makes sense.

Ok... I get trillion of this stuff. so this is easy to get you started.
Problem solving is easy - start dividing your problem into half, then half again, then half again etc etc. Then you end up whittling down to a very small simple solution.

First thing in design that I ask myself is,
'I might not know what to do, but I do know what not to do' - ( BB book of life ) = Divide the problem in half.

So.... what should you not be doing - then that tells you what you should/could be doing

Start asking those questions first.

That sounds like a great way of working through things, however I wouldnt know how to work out the questions etc.

Berry said:
Ok... I get trillion of this stuff. so this is easy to get you started.
Problem solving is easy - start dividing your problem into half, then half again, then half again etc etc. Then you end up whittling down to a very small simple solution.

First thing in design that I ask myself is,
'I might not know what to do, but I do know what not to do' - ( BB book of life ) = Divide the problem in half.

So.... what should you not be doing - then that tells you what you should/could be doing

Start asking those questions first.

Nice information there Berry!

Back