Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Personal Logo for Critique

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Silviu, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Silviu

Silviu New Member

Hi Guys,

I am currently trying to develop my logo and personal branding assets.

Bellow find attached one version of my logo. I would like to get your opinion on this.

Untitled-1.jpg logo_preview.jpg

Thanks in advance.

2. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

What does it say?!

Seriously, it's not very legible. Design-wise, to me it looks like a designer clothes label or something for hair products.

3. Silviu

Silviu New Member

It says "Silviu" which is my first name. I chose the script style to give it a retro feel and to match my personality. A while ago I found few resources stating that a script/signature logo will connect better with the audience, I tried to incorporate that as well.

Thanks for the comment.

4. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

Maybe you can adapt it to make it more legible. At the moment it looks like Silvu with a dot over it. Not keen on the 'v' either, it's almost an 'o'.

Either way, it doesn't say graphic designer to me.

5. hankscorpio

hankscorpio Moderator Staff Member

I thought it said Silvia.

6. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

I now know what it says but still can't figure out the mark. Might be time to try another option, though you might be surprised to find you don't need a 'personal logo'. I've managed alright without one for over 4 years. :icon_biggrin:

7. @GCarlD

@GCarlD Well-Known Member

I can relate lol

8. graphicart

graphicart New Member

What are u branding ? Is it a product ?

9. PriyeshDesign

PriyeshDesign Member

Self-branding is always difficult to perfect.

You could perhaps experiment with alternative script fonts. Just remember branding is also about 'clarity'.

10. Silviu

Silviu New Member

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

I will go with a simpler approach, probably away from the script fonts.