Personal Logo, Feedback plz

M

Mohammad

Hi,

So finally I bought a domain, its Fuaadh.com I have finished designing the logo and I know loads of you here hate gradients in logos so decided to design a gradient version and one non gradient just solid colours, I personally really like the logo,Would love to hear what you think, Thanks

EDIT:

fmkmer.jpg

Mo, could you show this without all the wood background stuff. It really is offputting and detracts from the logo. Presentation is key. far too many things going on here, My eye should be concentrated on the singular logo design, not 3 logos, a piece of wood and your logo. Displaying CI is about simple presentation. Keep it simple ( we'll knock the Web2.0 out of you yet!)

Also what is fuaadah?

Aright one sec let me take the wood of, and Fuaadh is a arabic word meaning Heart and me middle name, FIRST POST EDITED

mo, im liking the style of your logo but im confused as to why there seems to be the letter 'J' greyed out behind the 'F". Does this relate to anything in particular?

Also, it really reminds me of the flash logo combined with the dreamweaver logo! Maybe thats just me tho!
________
Live sex webshows

Thanks Tom, Yeah Dave I thought of that aswell, It doesnt relate anything I just switched the F upside down to make some kinda symbol, Maybe If I make the upside down F the same colour as the F I think it wont look like that anymore,

i think its really confusing to be honest mo, it doesnt need to be there! if theres no point to it then get rid of it, i understand you want your own individual logo and a symbol that people will identify with yourself, but it still has to make sense.

there is no point in just adding bits to look good if there is no reason for it. maybe have a rethink about what you want your logo to say about yourself and what the point of it is.
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS

personally.. I don't like the f in the circle at all.. or the .com

the f in the circle reminds me of the old fireworks logo from the Macromedia days... and the .com looks lost and not really any reason to be there.. simplify it is my suggestion.. get rid of the .com and the f and the circles :) just leave it with the fuaadh instead.

just my suggestion :)

Sorry, don't like it, the font (or similar) has been used so much now its getting old, try and ue some different fonts.

As to the f in the circle, its not working as its too confusing

Oh I thought the flipped 'f' was representing a 'd' :confused:

It's a pretty good logo, I would just leave out the .com all together, and make your a's look less stretched (or is that just me?).

edit: everyone seems to be disagreeing with me :p

it does look a bit stretched yeah.. thats another thing I would get rid of... make it non-stretched :)

Sorry mate but I'm not keen personally. also the name is a barrier to entry as it will be off putting to most people who don't understand what it means.

I think you need to focus on producing designs that people can look at and say wow that's cool and I haven't seen anything like that before - I wan't my company to be like that! rather than producing things that just look generic.

OK Thanks for everyones feedback, Ill do some sketches and keep you updated..

tbh i dont like it

the spacing between the logo/text is crazy, and the colours are pretty ugly imho.

you dont have to use kryptic fonts you know,

why is helvetica amazingly popular again? simplicity i say.

Yeh the font "Danube" is the font you are using is that correct? It is around so much at the moment, I even saw it on the front of a shop the other day as a sign. I cant remember who it was, Ill find out and post it up here.

that reply was really quite relevant

and who's site are you modelling your holding site on?

Mohammad said:
nope wrong the font's called REZ
according to this site it isn't rez either, maybe you mean rezland. Now it isn't danube but it is very similar to it, the point that we both made still stands though as the 'style' of font is currently overused.

Back