Personal Logo Crit.

HarryField

Hi everyone, I am creating a logo for myself to use on my website/portfolio and such. I have been playing around with my initials 'h' and 'f' to create a symbol that i would probably end up using along with my name.

It would be appreciated if I could get some feedback on this. The 'f' can look like the letter p depending how you look at it so I have tweaked and played with the logo to increase legibility on the 'f' but I'm not sure if it matters or if it is necessary as it would most likely be presented along with my name (Harry Field).

The colour hasn't been chosen yet, it's there to represent where the colour will be.
Here are the tweaked designs.

hf logo crit.png

Thanks for your time :icon_biggrin:

I like 3i but I'd forget about any colour, at least for the time being.

It's interesting, but feels like the shape needs a bit of development still. It feels a little unbalanced to me at the moment, and I kind of get the impression you've just put the two characters together and called it done (though I can tell you've adjusted the bar on the 'f' :icon_smile: )

Haha i can see how that it gives off that impression, after all my ideas and development, it wasn't until the latter stage that this idea came about.

I've been wracking my brain over this, and cannot find a way to express myself visually in a logo, yet given a brief for someone else, it would of taken me about a tenth of the time I've spent on it so far.

I agree, the shape may have a way to go, my previous idea somehow ended up looking like a swastika :icon_thumbdown:

Thank you for the feedback, I shall take it on board.

Last edited:
Two things to avoid at all costs when designing a logo;

A. Anything that looks like a penis

B. Anything that looks like a swastika

:icon_smile:

I've been trying to work on a personal brand for a while now so I know who you feel. I've only recently got to a stage where I have something I'm happy to try and develop, though it will probably be scrapped before too long :)

Last edited:
I'm not keen on any of them if I'm honest. All I can see is a pair of evil eyes, yunno the black line part.

LOL..

Nope, not only you, been with some fellow designers whilst driving past boards and have said exactly the same.

The 'd' not cropped off on some of their literature and banners and it looks worse.

Seriously, I wonder if anyone has actually come right out and said "please excuse me but ... your logo looks like a cock" followed by a demonstration of a childish penis doodle to show the visual comparison/reasoning.

It's possible the penis logo was deliberate. It's got us talking about it and i bet we will all remember the name of the company! Fine line between clever and stupid :icon_biggrin:

Hi everyone, I am creating a logo for myself to use on my website/portfolio and such. I have been playing around with my initials 'h' and 'f' to create a symbol that i would probably end up using along with my name.

It would be appreciated if I could get some feedback on this. The 'f' can look like the letter p depending how you look at it so I have tweaked and played with the logo to increase legibility on the 'f' but I'm not sure if it matters or if it is necessary as it would most likely be presented along with my name (Harry Field).

The colour hasn't been chosen yet, it's there to represent where the colour will be.
Here are the tweaked designs.

hf logo crit.png

Thanks for your time :icon_biggrin:

I know the blue is only there to show where the colour will be but i'd consider working in greyscale, that way the colour wont affect the impact of the logo.

Having said that, i do kinda like this logo concept. You have your initials in there. There is a hint of unity and part of it reminds me of a heart. The designer client relationship is important, there needs to be good communication and yeah it is kinda like a marriage. Obviously im viewing it as a designer and your clients will view it as.. well... a client. I think it might lack impact on a client and will probably get lost in the crowd. Might be worth trying to include something in there that indicates what you do. Obviously it will need to work in solid colours but a variation with a gradient and perhaps some shadows to show depth would be good. Where the h crosses the f, you could add a shadow on one side.

Trying to design your own logo/brand/individual promotional pieces is seriously hard. Trying to step back and think objectively when you are so close to the company is the hardest part.

Last edited:
I'm liking number 8! I think it will look awesome with some gradients/shading and some depth!

Last edited:
Have you considered making the curve on the f identical to the curve on the h? Just a thought, at the moment it's still not really working for me and I'm wondering if it might be difficult or awkward to work with.

I hated working up my own brand identity, it is the most arduous and challenging job you'll ever do I'd imagine. It's even worse when you need to get it done and out the way so you can crack on with other things. Fortunately, you always have the options to make tweaks and down the line you can always rebrand so that's an advantage.

In regards to your current logo, I quite liked the initial HF, it struck quite a nice shape I thought but it does need a little more balancing out somehow.

@ ahcstudio

Thank you :) I will try and experiment with that.

@ linziloop

Funny that i was just thinking the same thing.

@ Tony Hardy

Yeah, I am becoming more and more frustrated with this the more time i spend on it, But like you said, I can always rebrand :icon_thumbup:

I agree, it needs something to balance it out, although I now feel like i am getting somewhere with #10 and possibly #8.

Back