• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

personal branding. help

Hi Folks I'm in the middle of trying to brand myself but ive got to admit im struggling big time this is the best ive got so far, your thoughts are more than welcome on this one. do you think its good/bad? shoot yourself in the face you disgrace me!!! etc.

Cheers
Mick

Attachments

gcol90

Welcome to my world. However I quite like that logo. And the second business card - I'm assuming they're two different concepts? Either way, I'm into #2 :D

S

Sean Lee-Amies

It looks nice, well done :)

Not so keen on the A or the B with that font though. Would love to see letterpress front...

Have you tried your name on two lines with GRAPHIC DESIGNER (I think needs a bit more contrast against the dark background) underneath? Bit of a spacing issue with #2 but nothing drastic.

Cheers for the feedback. I'm Thinking of dropping the font for my name completely and just stick to the 'double m' icon. I'll upload a mockup tomorrow of it on stationary. I've tried my name over two lines and it didn't sell it to me.ha

so this is it in small mock up? Ive dropped my name i just stuck to the icon standing alone, with my name above my contact details. What do you guys think?

Attachments

S

Sean Lee-Amies

Not keen on the logo mark in low contrast situations, such as with the photo. And the rest is just black or white block colour :p

S

Sean Lee-Amies

My issue with the logo mark is that the contrast is far too low against the image - it needs to stand out more. I like the pattern, try it light grey on white?

S

Sean Lee-Amies

I think it can. For me it's just oh so plain, even if you were to add in colour. That's not to say it's not good, it's just not my style. What other brands have you looked at for inspiration?

Thanks floriographic. Sean mate I've just been wondering the land of behance for the past weeek looking at other peoples branding an approach. I rather liked the logo mark in the smoke, i like the fact its not in your face you know.

scotty

Hard to tell from the screen mock-up but I agree it looks like it needs a bit more contrast but saying that, in the flesh a very subtle feel may work well.