Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People say cloaking is science fiction

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Jazajay, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Hay guys and gals I know there are a few people working on different cloaking technologies that will be here with in 5-8 years.

Spain has almost got one that changes the frequency of light therefore making what ever is inside it invisible to the naked eye.

The UK has been working on 1 that literally bends light around an object, so you only see the light on the front or behind the object, not say the special forces guy right in front of your face pointing his M4 carbine at you.

Anyhoo the first proper step has been made using this new technology by making/or will, the static on your mobile phone disappear.

Check it out.

2. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

The question is, what is the limit of invisibility? Would the air (where the object/person is situated) seem distorted -like you often see in movies- or would it be completely blended in with the normal air?

3. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Personally and this is a logical guess is that it is down to the power consumption of the device and the processing power TBH, a shimmer would make sense I suppose if the device couldn't move the light around the target quick enough, up the power then I suppose it wouldn't be an issue TBH.

But it would still be obvious to infer red, heat sensors though, I cant see it getting round that, and possibly night vision goggles due to the different frequency's they use on the light spectrum, but that again is pure assumption TBH.