People Per Hour

TDesignCo

Is anyone on the above or similar site as a freelancer?

I have just seen a mailer for them and wondered if anyone has experience?

My initial thought is that the prices seem very low for the quick turnaround offered...

Cheers
T

Have actually met some of our larger clients on there. A decent job with a fair rate is 1 in a 1000 mind you.

I signed up to PPH in my wide-eyed early days as an independent on the recommendation of some doofus or other but I've never followed anything up for exactly the reasons you describe; from what I could gather at the time, opportunities to provide the moon on a stick by tomorrow morning (Budget: £10-20) made up the better part of the norm. Things may have changed since then and it appears to be a popular community but the PPH business model creates a massively unequal relationship between procurement and supply in favour of the latter.

Okay for those after a bit of pin money perhaps but no way to build a business.

Absolutely, its not in any way a decent place to grow a business but i can provide for some interesting leads. In the last month we have secured 2 large rebrands ( in excess of 5k for both ) and a pretty solid repeat work customer. Spend probably 1 hour a week searching and finding decent contacts on there.

Back