PDF quality not good enough for print, how to save properly in Photoshop ?

Acknowledged74

Hi

I have a business card design created in Photoshop CS5 with the correct sizing (including bleed), CMKY, and its 300dpi.

The printer we are using say that they ideally need editable print pdf format.

I've saved it as a PDF. BUT when I've opened this in my Adobe Reader the quality looks terrible, nowhere as good as the png, jpg, psd etc.

How do I produce a print quality pdf using Photoshop ?

Thanks

Ash

As long as your file is set up at 300dpi, CMYK with bleed then there is no reason why your chosen printer shouldn't accept the file.

I'd be more than happy to help you out.

Send me your specifications for print to [email protected] and i'll get you over a price.

Regards,
Craig

Ha no fair question yes its set for high quality print.

I've also opened it in Acrobat Pro (the latest version) and saved it as a PDf, still the quality atleast on my screen doesn't look as good as the JPG ?

Can I just make an observation.

Photoshop isn't for making business cards! A PDF containing text made in photoshop will look pants because the text is bitmapped. A print PDF made in indesign handles the text as vectors so maintains a higher quality.

See below for an example
SEE.jpg

Also, have you stretched or resized any images photoshop as this will add to pixelation

Last edited:
Good point Dave - there still seems to be a large amount of people on this forum who don't use the right programs for the right jobs.

Back