pdf Portfolio

Hi guys, im looking to make a pdf portfolio so i can use it on my site and send it to agencies, the problem im having is that i have no clue how to do it. What program should i use? I know you can make pdf's in Photoshop, should i be using that? Also how long is ideal and what should i include on it, information wise?

I would make it in InDesign to lay it up properly with nice text etc. Then just add all the images to pages then make one PDF from that :)

At least thats how I did it :D

cool :) thanks. Actualy it was from your site that i got the idea chris lol

Now to decide on what images to include out of what i have lol

HarlequinStudio said:
cool :) thanks. Actualy it was from your site that i got the idea chris lol

Now to decide on what images to include out of what i have lol

Glad to help :D

Made mine in illustrator. If you can I'd keep the filesize under 2mb. Some companies are funny about large email attachments.

i think mine was about 1.5mb or something like that (though i can't remember now :lol: )

Same here, 1.5 or 1.2, something like that. With my standard cv clocking in at less than 400kb I if I recall. All good stuff to have. I kept the images at around 150dpi so they're not massive but still retain SOME quality if they get zoomed in on or printed out.

Jimlad said:
Made mine in illustrator. If you can I'd keep the filesize under 2mb. Some companies are funny about large email attachments.

Yes, people don't like large attachments, epecially if they're out of the blue so to speak.

Other option is to upload the PDF to your own hosting space and then provide a link in the e-mail, mentioning the file size, but that does mean an extra step for someone to take to see it.

If you really wanted to you could make the PDF an exact replica of your site, use Acrobat Pro to make some interactive elements such as invisible buttons/bookmarks etc. Or you could do all of this in InDesign and export it as an interactive PDF.

PDF's are a lot more customizable than many people think!

Personally I'd keep it simple for the purposes of this PDF. If they want all-singing all-dancing they can visit your site.

Back