Pc hardware Help

nayan

Hey guys,
I wanted to ask something related to a asus motherboard
ROG Strix Z370f
Recently a component called MOSFET got burned in it.
And it looks something like this(please ignore the other things its dust)
9650a741-29a8-488f-a023-4498a3fc04b5.jpg
da9ff01c-2cd6-4979-8f78-fb59a6261fe3.jpg
Now this component got burned.its in the VRAM section
And I wanted to know that Can it be covered under warranty?
Also How much money will it take to get it repaired it is not covered under warranty
The pc is boot looping

Levi

Staff member
  1. Now this component got burned.its in the VRAM section
  2. And I wanted to know that Can it be covered under warranty?
  3. Also How much money will it take to get it repaired it is not covered under warranty
  4. The pc is boot looping
1 - not sure that is anything to do with vram but doesn't matter either way
2 - would it be covered under warranty - yes if it wasn't from overclocking/overvoltage and if you hadn't removed the heatsink that was on top of it.....
3 - how much is a new motherboard because that's basically what you need
4 - not surprising seeing as the motherboard is basically dead...

nayan

1 - not sure that is anything to do with vram but doesn't matter either way
2 - would it be covered under warranty - yes if it wasn't from overclocking/overvoltage and if you hadn't removed the heatsink that was on top of it.....
3 - how much is a new motherboard because that's basically what you need
4 - not surprising seeing as the motherboard is basically dead...
1.:unsure:
2.:(yea i never overclocked and voltage problem is not there
3.:cry::cry::cry:
4.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Levi

Staff member
1.:unsure:
2.:(yea i never overclocked and voltage problem is not there
3.:cry::cry::cry:
4.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Forgot to say, I'd also give your psu a once over, it could have been a surge from that or even the electric grid, in which case if it's just the motherboard that's dead you should be thinking yourself lucky.

Not sure what psu you're using and if you're not already using one I'd recommend you get yourself a UPS to slot between the pc and the socket.

nayan

Forgot to say, I'd also give your psu a once over, it could have been a surge from that or even the electric grid, in which case if it's just the motherboard that's dead you should be thinking yourself lucky.

Not sure what psu you're using and if you're not already using one I'd recommend you get yourself a UPS to slot between the pc and the socket.
I have a psu too,I bought one with the motherboard as I never wanted something like this to happen
Its expensive as well so i think it might have done its job and there is no voltage problem

Levi

Staff member
I have a psu too,I bought one with the motherboard as I never wanted something like this to happen
Its expensive as well so i think it might have done its job and there is no voltage problem
I'd hope you did buy a psu, the pc wouldn't work without one :p

Did you mean UPS lol

nayan

hey,If yesterday i gave the motherboard to the service centre guys and described them about the problem.
And they said that they will keep it for 15 to 20 days and will tell me if they will replace it or not and gave me a rma no.
also they said that they cannot repair it just gonna do the process of replacing it if it comes under conditions
but today a notification came by asus saying that it is repaired and they are waiting for forwarder to collect
I tried calling them but the no is not responding,what do you think they are doing.
cause they have not informed me of any repair nor they have done any just putted the motherboard with them?
Am i f***kd up?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Levi

Staff member
No man,they cant replace things in one day here in this place.
Don't see how they would repair it in one day - unless completely replacing the unit.

Depending on the company (I know several that do this supposedly), Asus may have just authorised (sometimes even in advance) them to send a new board and they'll send the company a stock replacement or reimburse them. If it is as bad as you say in as much as not booting then it's pretty obvious it's broken so a new one can be authorised really quickly.

nayan

Depending on the company (I know several that do this supposedly), Asus may have just authorised (sometimes even in advance) them to send a new board and they'll send the company a stock replacement or reimburse them. If it is as bad as you say in as much as not booting then it's pretty obvious it's broken so a new one can be authorised really quickly.
Firstly,the place i have given my motherboard they said their is a shortage of parts going on etc right now due to transportation problems that i know of,So even if my board comes under their conditions of warraty the replacement will take some time.
So i think asus have not authorised them in advance
For me from inside I think this is some trick they are doing to get some money out of it(from asus),but I cant really think of what?
I may be wrong but I have seen these people doing tricks before too.

Levi

Staff member
Firstly,the place i have given my motherboard they said their is a shortage of parts going on etc right now due to transportation problems that i know of,So even if my board comes under their conditions of warraty the replacement will take some time.
So i think asus have not authorised them in advance
For me from inside I think this is some trick they are doing to get some money out of it(from asus),but I cant really think of what?
I may be wrong but I have seen these people doing tricks before too.
Oh the bla bla, try and blame it on corona virus rubbish... that won't impact supplies for another month yet if not longer, most of the stock we have will have been sent months ago along with more currently in transit, it's brought over in massive containers on ships.

Without a name of the company I can't comment on their process but I've had rma's dealt with within 24 hours of them receiving the item because the item was clearly dead. Hell I've had a replacement from one company before I'd even had a chance to send the broken one back lol.

As I said earlier, you basically need a new motherboard so it will be a simple case of them sending a new one out after they've had the ok to do so.