Payment options

TomStutt

Hi all,

I going to be starting a website for a lady who sells baby clothing and she wants a payment option on the site. I have never done this so I dont know what the best options are??? Is the paypal way good and is it easy to set up.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Tom

I would say that's for her to sort out really and for you to integrate...

she needs to work out what kind of precentage she is happy to lose in fees from the banks etc.

It's a lot of work otherwise as you'd need to get lots of info and spreadsheets with figures and sit down and discuss them with her.

it's an important pat of te business model so a big responsibilty

is there something that would help me in understanding the process of how the payment thing works.

Good luck Tom, there are several payment methods/options out there, personally I would present her a selection of the most obvious, pay-pal, sage-pay, foxy-cart etc and allow her to make her own mind up.

From here it will be obvious if she needs a more robust solution such as, shopify, presto shop, megento etc, or even a fully bespoke solution.

some web hosts have their own 'cart' software which is optional, iirc 1&1 has one so it may be worth looking in that direction too.

Back