Pasting images from PowerPoint

shazza

...straight into InDesign, will this be ok when it comes to printing? It will take forever to copy each one into Photoshop and do it the proper way and I have warned my client that most images will be low res to look at...none will be large anyway.

Any help most appreciated! :)

Pretty sure you can but I wouldn't recommend it, the images will be very low res in powerpoint.

You don't have to

Save it as a PPTX - then change the extension to .zip

Navigate to the media folder.

Did you use powerpoint to save it to a PPTX.

Then change the extension - if it's not working try a different decompresser - plenty online.

Hey, thanks again...so I've saved it from PowerPoint as a .pptx, then changed that to .zip, then tried to decompress that folder, but it just makes another copy instead. I've just tried an online zip compresser (easyzip) and it says the File format is not recognized, hmmmmm.

Ooooo, thank yoouuuu. I just clicked twice originally, which just duplicated it, then tried ezyZip. Just tried to attach and both the original and zipped file are too large :(((((

Hey, I can't find our PM conversation, but can I get your email address please to send you dropbox link please? Thanks!

There you go

https://www.dropbox.com/s/to19jdg00...share with Sharon 18-11-2018 CHRIS 2.zip?dl=0

Navigate to the PPT folder then the Media folder

What you had done was only change the extension to PPTX - what you should have done is saved the file from PPT to PPTX format. Then change the extension to .zip.

I was able to change your .zip extension back to a PPT extension, then I saved it from Powerpoint to PPTX and then changed the extension from PPTX to .zip.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I'd try to buy you a beer, but I see you're in Ireland, I'm Irish too!

So, do you think it's worth re-linking all these files instead of the copy and pasting I have done so far, so that the PDF prints better?

Well, yes, they are the original files that are in the powerpoint, so it would be better than copy and paste.

Back