Parking agency website

The corners are rounded way too much imo, and the gradient in your navigation bar is too heavy. Other than that there's not really anything wrong with it on first sight, but it's just very plain and uninteresting.

I hope its not the production design (CD Duplication) those yellows and drop shadows really hurting my eyes... sorry.

Harry said:
That's not production code is it?

Im only the site designer mate to the spec I was given, not sure exactly what you mean.

Sorry the yellow is hurting your eyes at least its standing out for you ;)

Again thanks for the constructive feedback.

in all seriousness i would suggest revisiting the visual design to make the site a little less garish :)

Nick Garrish said:
Im only the site designer mate to the spec I was given, not sure exactly what you mean…
Well the code/build quality is pretty bad, to the point I was wondering whether it was actually the final production code, or an ImageReady sliced proof-of-concept.

Nick Garrish said:
thats how the customer wanted it mate

im taking a reviews on board for personal projects ;)
Isn't it then the job of the designer to steer the client away from such disastrous design decisions and in the direction of something, y'know, nice to look at…?

Haha, you know what the say, the design is only as good as the client.

I really don't like the blue on the sides of the page, and I also think there is too much content on the front page.

May I suggest if you are having trouble convincing the client that design isn't so wonderful that you do some usability testing to see if it really is working as they intended? If on the current site design people find it difficult to get to the right content, AND you have the numbers to prove it, I think they will be a lot more amiable to changing their site.

Good luck!

intuitionhq said:

Well whoever says that needs to rethink it.

The design is as good as the designer. It is the designers job to create a solution to a problem.
Creating the best solution allows for repeat work. And the solution will almost certainly not be what the client is asking for. Hence convince them otherwise.
[the only issue here should be the time constraints on earning money, but if you are spending the time to convince them what is best, you should be in a situation to charge more anyway]

intuitionhq said:

I really don't like the blue on the sides of the page, and I also think there is too much content on the front page.

May I suggest if you are having trouble convincing the client that design isn't so wonderful that you do some usability testing to see if it really is working as they intended? If on the current site design people find it difficult to get to the right content, AND you have the numbers to prove it, I think they will be a lot more amiable to changing their site.

Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback ;)

Very constructive!

Back