Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paris New year

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Renniks, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Anyone know where to look for information on a new years holiday in Paris...

(I realise googling this is viable but wondering if you had a better resource for this sort of thing...)

Never booked a holiday before :(
  2. tim

tim Senior Member

the hilton next to the eiffel tower is amazing.

really good connections via tram/train/ whatever it's called to get wherever you wanna as well.
  3. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

The paris hilton? ^_^
  4. Becky

Becky Member

ya the Parisian metro is awesome. Shame the city is so damned expensive :/
  5. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Other capitals are viable to....
    bleh :) so bad at planning but would be really good...
  6. tim

tim Senior Member

paris. it'd be worth the moeny.
  7. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

That's what I thought, but I'm still a lowly student haha. Hmm choices choices :)
    It's the 21st birthday so should be special
  8. tim

tim Senior Member

then make it special. :p

either that or come to birmingham and i'll give you a tent?
  9. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

haha *gets on the train in expectation for a free tent*
  10. tim

tim Senior Member

it'd be attached to the grass in my garden ofc :p
  11. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I want to go back to Paris, I loved it there. New Year, is not going to be cheap mind.

A guy I know who hates his family, booked a flight to Prague on the 23rd of December and came back on the 3rd of Jan, he said it was the best thing he has ever done. I went to Prague a few years back in the winter, it was amazing.
  12. tim

tim Senior Member

yeah definitely.

i went on a music trip to salzburg last year in march. was the most beautiful place i've ever been.
  13. I went up to Belford (up past Newcastle) for New Years last year with my fiance.. was absolutely amazing! :D This year its going to be in our new place :) having to save monies for the wedding etc :)

Paris is nice.. but my memory is always of the beggars around the Eiffel Tower etc.. which kinda made it weird for me... but thats just me.. :)
  14. Becky

Becky Member

Salzburg ( and most of Austria for that matter) is absolutely stunning. My other half's parents have a house out there, and took us out there last year. The food was so awesome ><

Plus Austria looks soooooo pretty when all covered with snow :D
  15. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Austria isn't a bad shout, bleh so many ideas...

haha :)
  16. tim

tim Senior Member

there were no words for what the snow was like, it was just, like the perfect atmosphere.

austria is pretty cheap right now, it's also pretty easy to get there by plane, so that might be something you'd be interested in?
  17. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Yeh, quite interested,,, could go to where my nan lived for a day trip or something (She's German and moved there then at the end of WW2 - was chased out of the town by french people from a concentration camp... she then trekked to the other side of germany on foot.... (she wrote two books about it all) - lol /offtopic)
  18. Anon.

Anon. Senior Member

Austria is a good shout. I love it. I go snowboarding there every year and you're right, the food is amazing!!!

They celebrate Christmas, Easter etc in a big way out there so you're sure to have a great New Year there :up:
  19. tim

tim Senior Member

i wanna go now! :p
  20. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

paris is freaking expensive