Paper sizes query

mrp2049

Ok, I am hoping someone can offer a solution or atleast a bright idea for me.

I have been doing artwork for a band, the inlay in 8 page concertina, and the dimensions are roughly 400mm wide by 100mm tall.

Here is the thing, I have got an idea in my head about doing a few posters for the release show, nothing complicated, just an adaption of the artwork.

The artwork is 600dpi so I guess I've got a bit of leeway on sizing up, but I would like to keep the "double wide" feel to it. Any ideas how I can go about this?

I was thinking that an a3 or a2 cut in half could possibly be a good basis, but is there something I am not thinking of? I haven't do anything printed digitally off a reel of paper, is there a standard width to them?

Digital is obviously the best route for a short run of about 30-50 posters, and this is what is nagging, if we were going into hundreds I wouldn't be so confused, but I am.

Ideas are welcome, also if printers reading this want to say 'me' that would be awesome!

mrp2049 said:
Ok, I am hoping someone can offer a solution or atleast a bright idea for me.

I have been doing artwork for a band, the inlay in 8 page concertina, and the dimensions are roughly 400mm wide by 100mm tall.

Here is the thing, I have got an idea in my head about doing a few posters for the release show, nothing complicated, just an adaption of the artwork.

The artwork is 600dpi so I guess I've got a bit of leeway on sizing up, but I would like to keep the "double wide" feel to it. Any ideas how I can go about this?

I was thinking that an a3 or a2 cut in half could possibly be a good basis, but is there something I am not thinking of? I haven't do anything printed digitally off a reel of paper, is there a standard width to them?

Digital is obviously the best route for a short run of about 30-50 posters, and this is what is nagging, if we were going into hundreds I wouldn't be so confused, but I am.

Ideas are welcome, also if printers reading this want to say 'me' that would be awesome!

Hello Mike, we can print these for you at whatever size you need, our rolls for our 2 high quality machines are 1500mm wide.

I do you good price my friend Boss! Send me artwork I send you sample

PM me details :up:

Back