Pantone Colour help

Daisyh2015

Firstly hello, Im a new member of the forum!

Im having a little trouble finding some pantone colours. Ive been asked to create some work with the following pantones:

Pink: 2038 C
Peach: 2022 C
Green: 2246 C
Aqua: 2225 C
Blue: 0821 C
Violet: 2113C

I can't seem to find them in Indesign, Photoshop or Illustrator. Does anyone know if these are new colours I would have to pay for in a new library?

Any one who could shed light on this I would be very thankful!

Daisy x

Firstly hello, Im a new member of the forum!

Im having a little trouble finding some pantone colours. Ive been asked to create some work with the following pantones:

Pink: 2038 C
Peach: 2022 C
Green: 2246 C
Aqua: 2225 C
Blue: 0821 C
Violet: 2113C

I can't seem to find them in Indesign, Photoshop or Illustrator. Does anyone know if these are new colours I would have to pay for in a new library?

Any one who could shed light on this I would be very thankful!

Daisy x

Hi Daisy

Pantone and Adobe are two very different companies. Adobe has licenses to distribute some Pantone Libraries, but not all.

I believe the ones you are looking for are in the Pantone Formula Guide.

This software from Pantone seems to be good - but I've never used it. PANTONE COLOR MANAGER Software for Digital Design

However, if you are required to provide printed artwork using these spot colours then you can make a new colour, say for Pink, and create a spot colour swatch in InDesign, and name it whatever Pantone colour reference you require.

Make sure you communicate clearly with the printer what these colours are and what Pantone Book you used.

Also, ensure that you do not convert all the spot colours to CMYK when making print ready PDFs.

You can look up most of that stuff online. If you have any questions please let ask away :) .

Back