Pantone Books

I got mine given to me from a printer I use :) very nice :) he got four of them given to him and gave one to me :) but if I had to buy one I would definitely look on eBay :)

Expensive, but worth every penny. If you're freelance don't forget you can claim the cost against your tax...

Ebay may be a good resource, however, be careful of second-hand PANTONE books, the colour do fade over time if left out.

PeterBarlow said:
You can claim them against your tax???

just put the invoice in a big box with all the rest and dump it on your accountants table and say "Off you go m8!"

If it goes through as expenses, you avoid the capital equipment/devaluation over time... process.

Or does that only apply to Ltd. companies?

Just thought I'd sling this in the mix as i find it very useful as it's always with me!

Great reference to have in your pocket, the only downside is you need an iPhone!

Although that's a nice little application for the RGG/HSB etc numbers, the whole idea of Pantones are that they're primarily for print. Displaying the colour via an iPhone application would depend purely on the iPhone's own screen quality and wouldn't really be a suitable visual reference. Nice idea though!

Anagoge said:
Although that's a nice little application for the RGG/HSB etc numbers, the whole idea of Pantones are that they're primarily for print. Displaying the colour via an iPhone application would depend purely on the iPhone's own screen quality and wouldn't really be a suitable visual reference. Nice idea though!

Absolutley agree... imagine the whinges from a client... that doesnt match what you showed me on your iphone...

I get my pantone products from PANTONE colour guides, products and books UK - DesignFace.co.uk

cheers

Jim

Sorry guys if i confused the issue, it's just a quick reference guide for me, wouldn't dream of showing it to a potential client

Out of every pantone guide I've ever used... the best and most useful, has to be the 'Colour Bridge' -

It shows best match for a pantone spot colour.. with the cymk mix, rgb, web/screen codes.

When we design a new logo/branding - these days we try to give client colours which convert from spot to cmyk seemlessly... so whether they are having a two colour letterhead, full colour magazine advert, exhibition popup, a website... the brand colours are consistent.

Back