Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Painting Studio

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by CarmaCreative, Apr 4, 2011.

1. CarmaCreative

CarmaCreative Member

Hi guys,

I'm inspired to paint my home studio a different colour, the trouble is I am having trouble finding the most inspiring colour in which to work...

Does anybody have any views on what colours really work for them in a creative environment?

2. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I like turtles purple... like your avatar
  3. CarmaCreative

CarmaCreative Member

Purple is definitely on the mind, but it is a small room and don't want to suffer from dark colour - claustrophobic syndrome!

What the heck I might just do it anyway!
  4. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

You could go for a lighter shade of purple as a base with some deep purple highlights, shapes, stencils...
  5. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I like green.
  6. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Black bin-liners on the walls and ceiling, thats what you want.

Personally I like white with one coloured wall... something bright.
  7. CarmaCreative

CarmaCreative Member

Brilliant, I like the sound of a deep purple one wall, other walls light.

Put some green testers up at the weekend. Not the right ones though. One looked like mushy peas had been smeared all over the wall and the other lime variety I would have to wear sunglasses for all day. So my pursuit of a studio-friendly green continues...

Bin liners would be good for a darkroom ;-)
  8. Greg

Greg Active Member

I've gone with a yellow/grey-khaki type colour combination, sounds terrible, but it's really not!
  9. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

4 walls so one each of cyan, yellow. magenta and black. Make sure they match pantone reference shades etc so you can never forget how each colour looks :)

I've done greg's sort of colour scheme (colours where basically banana smoothy type shade and almost black as the accent) and it suprises a lot of people how good it can look.

Currently I've got a hand mixed shade of grey and beige/cream as the colour I was originally aiming for (neutral grey) was too dark for the room.....
  10. CarmaCreative

CarmaCreative Member

Thanks guys. @Levi CMYK lol, now that would be special.

I'm going for a big and bold purple feature wall, to match my identity! Just off to see our local eco paint supplier, who don't use solvents in their paint, which always give a cracking headache and sore throat.

They are called Nutshell Paints btw if anyone else finds regular paints harsh on their health!