Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Page Turning Effect

Discussion in 'Printing & Print Design Forum:' started by Kristoff, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Kristoff

Kristoff New Member

Hi All
    I've been asked by a client to supply a page turning version of a magazine we produce for them to add to their site.
    Now I understand there are lots of apps available that you can pass a PDF through that will add this effect.
    I've also used the export SWF from indesign then importing that file back into indesign to create a interactive PDF.
    It does work but it's a very clunky and basic.

The Client requires a lot more navigation and control, Im now exploring sending it to a third party to add a rich interface, something very much like this:

My Questions is what are these guys doing to the PDF, I'd just like to know how they do this? What software do they work in? i.e. Flash...

Im not saying I could do it, just I like to have a understanding.
    If anyone has a understanding of the process would you mind explaining it to me.

2. N-FUZE

N-FUZE New Member

There seems to be a lot of people doing this now.
    There are companies out there that sell specific software to convert your PDF into a page flip.

I have used this in the past and the best one for the price that I could see would be

It sure easy to use and customise.

You can also create a very simple page flip effect inside on InDesign but it doesn't have the control that these softwares provide.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Kristoff likes this.