Ownership Issue - Kind of

CYoung

I created a logo for a client in late May, they wanted to trademark the design before they sent out their promotional material.

Am I ok to use the logo in a low resolution format in my portfolio etc. because I have designed it and I have copyright? This is a grey area for me and I've looked at a few places, but if someone can give me a good answer I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Curtis:icon_smile:

If you created it, then you own it, unless you signed over the copyright to your client. Even then, I'd say you still had the right to use it for promotional purposes

Well the client in question isn't happy me displaying the image before she trademarked it, she told me this after I had displayed it. But it was low resolution anyway.:icon_confused:

Well the client in question isn't happy me displaying the image before she trademarked it, she told me this after I had displayed it. But it was low resolution anyway.:icon_confused:

Resolution doesn't matter, someone could still have nicked the idea! Best way is to ask your client before displaying stuff, as you want to keep on their good side. By the sounds of it, client won't mind after trademarking so it's nae problem :icon_smile:

You shouldn't display low res bits in your portfolio either, just talk to them I'm sure they will be understanding

Back