Over used/awful fonts

mrp2049

I have got an idea involving some of the most over used, ugly fonts around, but I actually want as many opinions as possible on this.

bleeding_cowboys1.gif

is always my first thought.

but I want other peoples ideas, any chance of a sample of the font and the name to help my idea along. This may seem slightly like I want you to do my work for me, but its not, i genuinely value you guys opinions!

I've used this font before on a flyer for a club.. it's o.k

I tried to use it in flash before as well using masking technique to give the effect that the tails were growing.... not that successfully though

The worst, most over used font of the last 10 years.... Papyrus!

Man I cringe every time I see it on a car window trying to sell some beauty product or on every other church or religious building... If I had a design shot gun it would be the first font to get it in the back of the head.

24577dd74859cc55e56ec0ac9714b6.gif

IHatePapyrus.html

Topher said:
The worst, most over used font of the last 10 years.... Papyrus!

Man I cringe every time I see it on a car window trying to sell some beauty product or on every other church or religious building... If I had a design shot gun it would be the first font to get it in the back of the head.

24577dd74859cc55e56ec0ac9714b6.gif

IHatePapyrus.html

i was supplied a poster to print for someone a year or so ago now... all in papyrus red text on a 50% tint purple background... you can imagine how legible that was!

can we also have an honourable mention for comic sans and arial?

Personally I don't have an issue with Arial, papyrus is a bit overused out this way too.

If I had to pick one I'd probably go with comforta or the ones apple picks as everyone immediately uses them on apple themed sites

Nik said:
i was supplied a poster to print for someone a year or so ago now... all in papyrus red text on a 50% tint purple background... you can imagine how legible that was!

nocomic That's the things nightmares are made of!!

Back