Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Over paid? I'll let you decide...

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by glenwheeler, Jan 21, 2011.

1. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

2. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Yes, all of them types.

and for what?

3. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Sometimes they have to run really fast those fellas. Lol.

I say if if the team lose the match they should get half pay.

4. Romack

Romack Senior Member

If i was a Footballer I'd want that sort of money. I believe they are paid ridiculous and disproportionate wages, but you cannot blame the professionals themselves.

Society, Public Relations, Media and more influence the whole way the game is financed and the astronomical fees and wages that are such a huge part of it.

I do think they are overpaid. I'm just saying i cannot complain, because if i was as good at football as some of these players are, I'd expect that wage. I'd probably get image rights too cos i'm so damn handsome.

5. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

LOL Romack some very good points there mate.I've been paid for playing football before. I was at Middlesbrough and a few other north east teams until I got released. I then fell back on IT and Web quite late in the day! But, when I was playing football. I didn't feel I had to be paid, especially at the time when I was 12- 18, family sorta kept me going with cash flow.

However now, I would have liked to be paid money but I dont think on the amount they are on now, its pretty ridiculous to be honest.

6. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Blimey you little sporty elf you!

I think that if you don't play well eg. save the goal shots, score the goals, win the game etc...then you get a reduced amount. The money these nuggets get paid is criminal.

Don't get me started on Rio Ferdinand....after all the hype and 'this time' taking all the 'I look mean on a can of Fanta' money. He mucks about and hurts his leg. Out. and he's the Captain.
    Fined, have him out sweeping the streets for a couple of months. Same as slap heed Rooney....stop yer gambling and yer dogging around and get on with what yer payed for.
    I could go on about all of them.

Ahhhhh!

There's a war on the real national heros are coming back to a country on it's knees.

7. Romack

Romack Senior Member

Very true, Footballers aren't reduced to SSP (statutory sick pay) when they are injured are they?