Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our New Website

Discussion in 'Website Design Critique:' started by staunton_rook, Apr 18, 2013.

1. staunton_rook

staunton_rook New Member

hi guys

thought i'd throw this site out there see if you all like

first time using abode's typekit, dead simple and makes a massive difference
  2. gprovan

gprovan Member

Very professional looking, but... I personally don't think it looks very creative and seems more suited to a blue chip solicitor or estate agent. :thumb:
  3. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

It's nice and clean which I like. It's not responsive though, which is a shame (my first thought was that it would be).

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

I'd agree with what the chap in the red sunnies says. It really isn't all that creative considering you offer graphic design and marketing services. Reminds me of your average recruitment consultant or something like that.

Also. You have some nice work in your portfolio, but you're not showing it off that well. It took me 3 attempts to realise it was a sliding section of work. The first 2 times I assumed it was just 1 image and clicked off because the slides moved very slowly.
  5. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Speaking from experience huh? :icon_wink: Maybe a paisley speech bubble or two...
  6. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Yeah; nice and clean but very much 'sourced from stock' in terms of overall look and feel (or maybe you are a team of beautiful, clean cut people - who knows?).
  7. Garethgillman

Garethgillman New Member

meh, boring and uninspiring ... it's a website I would expect for a professional service (as above)

The phone number is tiny, in the footer and not easy to notice

There is no call to action e.g. big, bold phone number, call request form, big bold headings

The text is so corporate and uninspiring, e.g. we do xx, xxx and xxxx ... talk less about you and more about me (the visitor) e.g.

You have:

That needs rewriting to sell me the sizzle, I don't need to know what you do and how you do it, I want to know why I should use you, sell me you....

e.g. Is Your brand losing it's sex appeal? Is your brand in need of a new image? Staunton rock can make your brand sexy! Call Us today!
  8. staunton_rook

staunton_rook New Member

have you checked this site in safari? you might want to specify some pixel heights for your images
  9. Garethgillman

Garethgillman New Member

I haven't, due to not owning an Apple device, and they discontinued the Safari windows version :icon_rolleyes:

Will get a colleague to do a screenie for me, but mine is a temporary site until I finish my "proper site"