Our New Website - Advice

offbeatDSG

Hi guys,

This is my first post here. My friend started a company a few months ago and myself and another friend joined him just before Christmas. We decided to re-brand ourselves and redesign our website.

I am not a graphic designer or web designer; I'm running the sales and operations for the company. I thought it would be a great idea to check out a few forums and get opinions and feedback from people who are more skilled and knowledgeable in design and web than myself!

Any constructive criticism is welcome.

This is the link to our website:
Home

I hope that this is the right place to post this and that I'm allowed to write this type of post. Please forgive me if I'm not! I'm new to the forums!

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Last edited:
Hi Paul and welcome to the forum. Love the look of the website but one tiny crit. Your services (i.e. how you actually make money) are nowhere to be seen on your home page and are the fifth item along your menu bar. I think that is a mistake. Blogs are nice to have in the background but, if I was a customer hitting your website at the moment, I'd think you were a design blog and not a company/service provider. I'd refocus your content and demote the blog a bit. Hope that helps.

Hi

Totally agree with Corrosive...you each have a blog?!

And I spotted a typo...I know I'm a nerd about them but when it's on your own website...

Hi Corrosive and Katedesign,

Thanks for taking the time to welcome me and have a look at the website.

I will discuss with my boss about the services page and see if we can move it further forward. The big banner should have displayed our services after the initial picture (grass with our logo on it). I had another look and it does take a while for the second image to come up which says about our services.

Ahh!! No!! Where is the typo? Don't apologise, I'm annoyed that there is a typo! I guess these things are easily missed but I must say I'm surprised we all missed it. Thanks for letting me know.

I really appreciate both of you taking the time to have a look and comment.

Paul :)

Back