Other Forum Categories

Stationery Direct

Administrator
Staff member
Just a quickie, are we missing anything? Do you have any suggestions for a new forum category??

If you have any ideas then post them here.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Damon

Hi Damon,

How would you feel about a Photography category? My new years resolution is to improve my Photography so for me at least, it'd be great to see other people's work, find out how they took their shots and exchange tips.

Pete

Stationery Direct

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Pete

Good suggestion, the only things that puts me off is...

1) It is not an area that I have any expertise in (at all).
2) I am a little concerned about the amount of forums we have.
3) Not sure where this would go.

If you have any ideas with regards to the above or if any other members would also like to see this added then please let me know.

Many thanks

Damon

Hi Damon,

How would you feel about a Photography category? My new years resolution is to improve my Photography so for me at least, it'd be great to see other people's work, find out how they took their shots and exchange tips.

Pete
Was thinking about this the other day - quite into photography myself - no expert just like going out and about with the camera and trying out new things.

Have a few good examples I could show.

Stationery Direct

Administrator
Staff member
Anybody else think this is a good idea?

So we are thinking of a general Photography Forum for discussion and then possibly a Photography Gallery for showcasing?

Xenonsoft

One category if we implement photography. A good idea, as long as we have enough who would use it. Personally I'm not a photographer, although I certainly wouldn't mind being one! So much beauty out there.

EDIT: Just looking at the forum categories, made some observations:
  • Could we possibly put 'graphic design competitions' as a sub category under graphic design forum?
  • Possibly even put the graphic design gallery under there.
  • Could even do the same with the Website Design Forums
  • Is there a need for Adobe to have a seperate forum from other software?
That's all for now. If some others can voice their opinion on the above (sub-forums aren't always the best way to go) then we can gauge different views.

Last edited:
A photography section could also incorporate a stock photo section too.....( or if there is already a stock photo one, the photography could be incorporated in that, maybe)

Photography is something I haven't done but I think it would be a good addition to the forums. I also think the idea of subsection links under the main headings would help stop the main forum page getting too long.

We don't want it ending up this long LOOOOONG

It is huuuge! Check out some of the names of the members though...... moonchild.....running bear. I can almost smell the patchouli oil.

My wife's a member. I do believe her user name is PurpleFlower. hahaha

She is a Reiki Master and also does spiritual readings. I'm not into all that stuff myself.

Gadgets and technology is my field :)

Hey

What about a "Tutorial" category

Maybe we can all share great tips & tricks we have learned
or just links to really handy tuts

I dunno, just an idea