Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Forum Categories

Discussion in 'GDF Feedback & Help:' started by Stationery Direct, May 25, 2008.

1. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Just a quickie, are we missing anything? Do you have any suggestions for a new forum category??

If you have any ideas then post them here.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

2. Pete

Pete Member

Hi Damon,

How would you feel about a Photography category? My new years resolution is to improve my Photography so for me at least, it'd be great to see other people's work, find out how they took their shots and exchange tips.

3. Stationery Direct

Hi Pete

Good suggestion, the only things that puts me off is...

1) It is not an area that I have any expertise in (at all).
    2) I am a little concerned about the amount of forums we have.
    3) Not sure where this would go.

If you have any ideas with regards to the above or if any other members would also like to see this added then please let me know.

Many thanks

4. Steve

Steve Member

Was thinking about this the other day - quite into photography myself - no expert just like going out and about with the camera and trying out new things.

Have a few good examples I could show.
  5. Stationery Direct

Anybody else think this is a good idea?

So we are thinking of a general Photography Forum for discussion and then possibly a Photography Gallery for showcasing?
  6. Steve

Steve Member

You could if your concerned about too many forums, just keep it all in one.
  7. Helen

Helen Member

I'm a bit of an amateur photographer too. Always looking for tips and hints.
  8. Pete

Pete Member

I was gonna suggest one category, not sure if it'd fit under Graphic Design but maybe a General Photography one in the general section.
  9. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

One category if we implement photography. A good idea, as long as we have enough who would use it. Personally I'm not a photographer, although I certainly wouldn't mind being one! So much beauty out there.

EDIT: Just looking at the forum categories, made some observations:
    • Could we possibly put 'graphic design competitions' as a sub category under graphic design forum?
    • Possibly even put the graphic design gallery under there.
    • Could even do the same with the Website Design Forums
    • Is there a need for Adobe to have a seperate forum from other software?
    That's all for now. If some others can voice their opinion on the above (sub-forums aren't always the best way to go) then we can gauge different views.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  10. Timmo

Timmo Member

If your worried about the amount of sections why not have some subsections so it's not all crammed into the main page?
  11. Helen

Helen Member

A photography section could also incorporate a stock photo section too.....( or if there is already a stock photo one, the photography could be incorporated in that, maybe)
  12. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

Photography is something I haven't done but I think it would be a good addition to the forums. I also think the idea of subsection links under the main headings would help stop the main forum page getting too long.

We don't want it ending up this long LOOOOONG
  13. Steve

Steve Member

Bloody hell that forum is huge - looks majorly stupid and is really annoying too in terms of amount of scrolling.
  14. Helen

Helen Member

It is huuuge! Check out some of the names of the members though...... moonchild.....running bear. I can almost smell the patchouli oil.
  15. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

My wife's a member. I do believe her user name is PurpleFlower. hahaha

She is a Reiki Master and also does spiritual readings. I'm not into all that stuff myself.

Gadgets and technology is my field :)
  16. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

I think the 'font' forum should be renamed typography, as typography covers so much more than which font.
  17. Stationery Direct

I chose "font" as this is a much more searched for keyword than "typography", I did put typography into the forum description though.
  18. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Ah right, that's fine Damon.

I'll learn to live with it I guess.
  19. Kreatif

Kreatif Member

What about a "Tutorial" category

Maybe we can all share great tips & tricks we have learned
    or just links to really handy tuts

I dunno, just an idea
  20. Stationery Direct