Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions on text design for this piece?

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Monroe, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Monroe

Monroe Member

This is a header for a site I'm putting together for my own personal use, as well as for practice/experience. I like the design and colors the way they are, but not the text. I'm wondering if any of you fine people have any ideas as to what I could do with the "SAVAGE" part. At the moment I have the fill set to zero because I don't want to block too much of the design behind it, but I still want the text to be where it is because it's what everything else in the design is centered around. Any suggestions?

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

make it a lot simpler.

3. Agreed!

The font is also a bit too A-Team for my liking, I see where you are coming from with the grenades etc, but then the inclusion of the cars, make it look more gangster, than renegade. It just seems confused.

I would also seriously consider making the fill of the text solid. It's too busy with the background visible through the lettering.

4. BenJonesDesign

BenJonesDesign Active Member

I like it, but if I look at it for too long here comes the headache :( the guys are right, needs to be more simple and to me the text just seems slapped on, I don't feel it works too well with the rest of the design, perhaps try more of an overlay or even try drawing the text your self rather than using a generic font, it would give a more persona aspect to the design as you have already done with the rest of the image. Good work none the less!