Opinion on new typeface?

N.I.

Hi all, we hired a designer to create a new typeface us and the attached is what they submitted. MY boss likes it, I do not. I would like some professional opinions on it if possible. To me it feels like something from Star Trek: TNG from the late 90's or early 2000's... thoughts?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 10
It's not really fair to judge it out of context. What's it for, where will it be used, what does the company do, etc. Is this part of a full typeface or is it just a logotype? How it looks will also depend on how it's used. There are many occasions where I've found a really nice font but it doesn't look right for what I'm trying to use it for.

This could be the perfect typeface for the brief but we don't know what the brief is. Saying that I quite like it. It has an industrial feel, I could imagine it on the side of construction equipment. Without knowing more it's hard to give feedback.

Hi Paul, thanks for that.
This is for a business sustainability company that does a lot of factory audits and consulting on supply chain efficiency.

This is an actual logo and not a font/typeface.

Does the typeface look familiar to you at all? It does to me but I cannot place it or find one that's substantially similar.

Back