Opinion on NEW Logo

GibbonsGraphics

Hi Guys, I would like your opinion on my new logo. Is it Good :up: or could it be improved :down:
Kind Regards,
Ben

Attachments

• Gibbons Graphics New Logo Standard.jpg
    Gibbons Graphics New Logo Standard.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 50
I would get rid of the texture and change the font for 'Graphics' and probably 'gibbons' too - but that's just my opinion.

The 'Graphics' looks quite unprofessional. I'd also ease the tracking for 'gibbons', it isn't very readable from your display pic

Ok, Thanks guys for the constructive criticism, I will upload new improved attempts on this thread when I get the time. I would still like some more opinions please so keep then coming.
King Regards
Ben

Keep cracking on at it. Logos tend to work best when kept simple. Ease up on the visual effects and try out some different fonts. :)

Ok, Thanks for your help guys, i will try and improve it soon, oh and no offence taken WebOutGateway, I was just testing my software XD

I understand where all of you are coming from, would you be able to show some new concepts or ideas I could work from if you have some spare time please, don't worry if not, I am just very busy with school work and exams. You could obviously watermark them if you wish. I would just like some examples please. I would never copy them exactly because I want to improve my skills too! :D

It all depends on what message you want to put across through your typeface really. For instance, a bold sans-serif font might imply strength and reliability (good for something like a construction company logo), whereas a slimmer serif font could suggest sophistication and extravagance (good for restaurant menus or wedding invitations).

Have a think about the message you want to put across, then if you're short on fonts head over to a font website (dafont.com has plenty for free) and you can type your name in and see it displayed in a myriad of different styles.

Try a few things out. But I'd advise against mixing serif with sans-serif, or square with rounded.

Right, I have had another go at the logo quickly. Not Sure about it? Any Opinions... I tried to make it simple and professional.

Attachments

• GibbonsGraphics_UpdatedLogo_Plain.jpg
    GibbonsGraphics_UpdatedLogo_Plain.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 20
  • GibbonsGraphics_UpdatedLogo_Both.jpg
    GibbonsGraphics_UpdatedLogo_Both.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 22
Sorry about the quality, its shocking, will improve the quality when I have finalised my design. I uploaded the images from my phone, perhaps that's why the quality is bad :L sorry about that

Back