Open Studio Club

ARRIVALS

Found this cool venture whilst reading Creative Review.

Free Desk Here is a new initiative by Open Studio Club that looks to encourage creative agencies to offer up a free desk space in their studio to a young creative (of their choosing) to come in and get on with their own work. Any agency around the world can take part in the initiative, providing they can offer a free desk space.

There are currently some pretty massive agencies from around the world advertising on there.

Open Studio Club: Art and design studios to rent

Whilst there's no guarantee an agency would offer you a job during or after your time there, it's a great opportunity to be working on your own stuff in and around creative teams as big and experienced as these.

:thumb:

Last edited:
Sounds like a nice idea on the surface but aren't we really just looking at a new spin on unpaid internship?

I was chatting to a designer at an agency recently who said they're looking to do something like this specifically for our course (they've recently hired two of our graduates) where they let students use their space and facilities to just get on with their own projects. I agree that there's a chance of being asked to "just help us out with this" but I think it could potentially be a good way for a graduate to get a foot in a door without having to pursue relentless, never-ending placements. Frankly I'd love a desk space in a creative studio in the city centre that I didn't have to pay for, and would happily throw together the odd job to pay for it.

Back