Open Source CMS, Shopping Cart and Barclaycard

djb

Hi

I’m just putting together a quote for a client and wondering if anyone on here has had any experience integrating an open source CMS with Barclaycards EPDQ payments?

A quick search on the Joomla website shows up some modules to link in with nBill and Virtuemart but looking on the Drupal website I just get one result for a slightly out of date looking module. Has anyone got any experience with Joomla and the shopping carts above? Do they work! Should I run a mile from this job!

Thanks

David

With virtuemart you can set up custom payment methods so there is no reason why you can't set up payment with barclay card

Hi

I’m just putting together a quote for a client and wondering if anyone on here has had any experience integrating an open source CMS with Barclaycards EPDQ payments?

A quick search on the Joomla website shows up some modules to link in with nBill and Virtuemart but looking on the Drupal website I just get one result for a slightly out of date looking module. Has anyone got any experience with Joomla and the shopping carts above? Do they work! Should I run a mile from this job!

Thanks

David

worked with joomla and virtuemart it comes with a large selection of out of the box payment options.

worth looking at their forums though. Be warned joomla plus virtuemart is not a one day job :)

I was veering towards using Joomla 1.5 and nBill, as nBill seems slightly less ‘shoppy’ and more of an ordering form (the website is an event management site and as such sells tickets for mainly scientific conferences).

Although it’s amazing to see you can get all this for free/virtually nothing. I work part-time for an e-commerce company and it makes me wonder whether the very expensive custom-built platform they use really is worth it.

I was veering towards using Joomla 1.5 and nBill, as nBill seems slightly less ‘shoppy’ and more of an ordering form (the website is an event management site and as such sells tickets for mainly scientific conferences).

Although it’s amazing to see you can get all this for free/virtually nothing. I work part-time for an e-commerce company and it makes me wonder whether the very expensive custom-built platform they use really is worth it.

It would all depend on your experience so a custom built platform is ideal for noobs plus if anything goes wrong you know exactly who to turn to for help with virtuemart you can use the forum but there is no gaurantee that someone will be able to solve your problem,

Back