Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only 63 days till the World Cup

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by davewill, Apr 8, 2010.

1. davewill

davewill Senior Member

2. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Yeh pretty bad news. The Silverstone GP is on the same day as the world cup final! Haha let's hope England get knocked out early!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. davewill

davewill Senior Member

Glen!! go wash your mouth out!!!
    Silverstone will happen every year, this is the best chance England have had for years to win the World Cup!
    ________
    HARDSQUIRTX

4. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Don't put any money on it!

5. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

6. davewill

davewill Senior Member

haha, onartis thats good! i hope not tho! im really looking forward to the World Cup!
    ________
    The Legend Condos Pattaya

7. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Any excuse to visit the pub is good with me.

8. I can't believe it is that soon! It's creeped up.

Regardless of who is playing in the World Cup Final, I will be watching that over the Silverstone GP. I'd rather watch F1 highlights, than the World Cup highlights.

Sidenote: these are selling pretty well up here: Scottish World Cup Shirts 2010 | Latest - Buy Online :p

9. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

10. Difference is we know we are terrible. :D But it has nothing to do with being annoyed, if Scotland were a lot more successful (unlikely I know) I'd still love to see England fail miserably as usual. (Same as I love seeing Kilmarnock get stuffed regardless of Ayr's situation). That's football. I'm just sad that neither N.Ireland, Rep. Ireland or Wales are there as well, always makes for interesting viewing if there is another home nation.

Just for the record, I haven't bought one and don't plan on, but I do love the fact that it has got the police pretty nervous: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/8533791.stm

11. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

We have great players...

12. davewill

davewill Senior Member

great tshirts iain! as an england fan i see that as part of the banter of supporting a football team. I would happily wear a ABMU (anyone but man utd) t-shirt. the world of politically correctness has gone mad in my opinion!

considering how big the world cup is, does anyone think that over the years the posters for each event have been pretty poor?
    Even this years one doesnt make much of an impact, and when you compare it to iconic images like the obama poster it seems like such a wasted opportunity!
    ________
    KissMeWell

13. Yeah I totally agree, football would be no fun without the banter!

Yeah some of them are a bit dissapointing. I do like the idea behind the Africa one though. I think my favourite one is the Mexico '70 so much more effective that the Germany '06 one which is off a similar idea.

14. davewill

davewill Senior Member

i couldnt believe how rubbish the usa 94 one was when I started sourcing the images for the blog post, I wondered why I couldnt picture it, must have been coz my brain blocked such a lame effort. I agree this years one is better than some, but I cant help but thinking how awesome it would be to own the full collection of posters, yet a lot of them individually are such a let down!
    ________
    Art On The Hill

15. glenwheeler

And how is that one? Sorry am not arguing mate but a simply think we will get through groups and then be knocked out... They dnt have the heart or passion for it in my opinion.. The only guy that does at the moment is Wayne Rooney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. davewill

davewill Senior Member

Best chance for years because capello is tactically the best manager we have had for years. We went through qualifying unbeaten and it's the last chance for players like gerrard, lampard, rio and terry to win a world cup so if they can't get up for this one they never will! I'm not saying we will win it but we have a good chance!
    ________
    PiercingsPussy

17. glenwheeler

When the players cross that white line it's all about them. Ferdinand makes too many mistakes. John Terry always has his mind on other things. I still think they need some more umph and display from someone. That man is rooney. We still dont have a "Messi" in the team that can change a game. The only person who can do that in my opinion is David Beckham and I think capello needs to seriously think about taking Adam Johnson out with him...

18. davewill

davewill Senior Member

Yeh u would take Adam Johnson, and I think u just answered ur own problem there glen,we don't have a messi,but we do have a Rooney, not many other sides can boast a player of his quality! (and that pains me to say as I'm a Liverpool fan!)
    ________
    Honeyfairy

19. glenwheeler

All I can say is...

"Park Park Where ever you maybe eating dog's in your home country, could be worse you could be a scouse, eating rat's in your council house..."

20. davewill

davewill Senior Member