Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online Shopping

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Tony Hardy, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Alright,

Fairly broad topic here, but who goes shopping where online?

For music, films and that sort of thing I used to be a Play.com loyalist. Then Rakuten took it over and it went downhill rapidly. I also got myself a Kindle so I've started using Amazon a lot more than I ever have before.

Has anyone got any great unique sites? Or just other places they get things from?
    Also, not a fan of eBay. Anyone else share that?

Evitoetty and anodayalilk like this.
  2. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

I got my printer and cintiq from eBay. Some good bargains to be had at times though there are risks... aside from the fact I've just put a bunch of classic games up for sale today I would have said I usually avoid eBay these days! I've had trouble with items not arriving before. Twice.

3. martyvibe

martyvibe Junior Member

Amazon Amazon Amazon
    That site will be the death of me.
    I've not bought anything off of eBay for ages for some reason, but I'm trying to get my hands on a Cintiq and might go for a cheap 12xw now that the 13hd has come out.
    There's also an assortment of vinyl toy goodness at Dudebox and I always like to peruse the Nobrow site for zines, books and comics.

4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

DVD's, Music, 90% of everything else
    Amazon.... it's cheapest and I've had good service on the few replacements I've needed
    PC equipment - although amazon is getting good on prices too... and surprisingly so is pcworld (yeah I know)
    Overclockers.co.uk
    Scan.co.uk
    Box.co.uk
    ebuyer.com
    Lambdatek - seriously the best service I've had for pc's
    so basically I could say amazon, the one stop shop for all your online purchases...

5. balders

balders Member

Do people still buy dvds and cds?

Amazon most of the time for random things.

6. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

I buy blu-rays. Haven't bought a CD for a while.

7. Janifar

Janifar Member

Yeah i goes, landmark is the audio cd's site from india.

8. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

My general rule of thumb is that I shop with whoever has the best deal going. However, you've got to be careful of scam shops on the internet, so I will usually only stick to a set number of online retailers, pretty much the same as what Levi listed. Amazon is good for general purchases too, and I much prefer it to ebay.

9. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Nobody got any really good, quite unique sort of shops they look at regularly?

10. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

It depends what you're looking for.
    Have you tried etsy or notonthehighstreet?

11. balders

balders Member

I've gone full circle and shop at John Lewis for stuff. Their custom care is really second to none, I don't mind paying slightly more knowing if I need to return it its not an issue.

12. UK US Marketing

UK US Marketing New Member

I love ebay for making purchases, not so much for selling - to higher fees and to many people selling below the profit line.

13. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Just came across this website;
    Firebox

14. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

15. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Oh my. Yes, I believe it is.
    EDIT: Clearly an April fool.

16. Levi

17. Wee Jimmy

Wee Jimmy Senior Member

how have you only just come across firebox!? :p
    It's always my go-to place for gifts. Not a fan of their new design though
    Amazon
    Scan (used it since they first launched thanks to hexus.net discount lol)
    ebay not so much these days but every now and again i have a hunt for stuff

18. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Just made a pretty penny on eBay today but got rather held down and violated by eBay/Paypal fees. They seem monstrous these days! Not my favourite place to buy (prefer amazon) but is there any place better to sell?

19. Levi

amazon...play... you can sell stuff via them these days too. Not sure on their rates and it does depend on what you're selling I suppose