Online Proof vs Illustrator

harrygarry

Help! I need to print some business cards for work however, the colours seem to show up differently in the online proof vs my illustrator file (See attached).

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 23.08.50.png

I'm uploading the files to a standard printing company online, but the colour of the purple goes more of a blue in the preview. The file is a print-ready PDF which when I open shows the same colours as my file, except for when I upload it to be proofed. Is this my fault or theirs?

Any advice on how to fix this would be great!

Thanks

Likely colour profile differences between the browser/os and AI, either that or rgb image versus cmyk image where there's often an adjustment in tones. It's probably something along those lines.

Likely colour profile differences between the browser/os and AI, either that or rgb image versus cmyk image where there's often an adjustment in tones. It's probably something along those lines.

Is there a way to fix this? Is it best if I send the PDF directly to them instead of having it as an upload, or do I need to solve this my end.

As pointed out. You're getting a CMYK conversion for onscreen, it will never be the same.

And all monitors will vary colour anyway, unless they are calibrated.

You're most likely seeing a thumnail preview, and goodness knows how they may generate these image thumbnails for approval.

Best to specify the Pantone colours to the client (or nearest equivalent) and have them look through the pantone books.

OR - send them some printed samples with expected colours.

Back