Online Portfolio redesign (Critique please)

GilmoreVisuals

Hi guys,

Yesterday I updated my website (Freelance Graphic Designer | Home | Gilmore Visuals)

I have previously received very helpful comments not only for my old gv1.3 site but for my logo re design too.

Very helpful community.

Just to see the differences:

Old site:

screenshotgilmorevisual.jpg

New site: Freelance Graphic Designer | Home | Gilmore Visuals

Aside from the actual design of the site, you need to re-word a lot of the copy as it doesn't seem to make much sense. i.e:

'Creating this website you are in completely on dreamweaver the skill has drastically to when it was first opended up. Gilmore Visuals is now confident in the use of the software'

Also the way you refer to 'Me' and 'Gilmore Visuals' is confusing at times, stick to one or the other.

Aye. True. Thanks - I'll need to write everything down properly. I do admit that It was (at that time) a 'i need to write in and fill this box in'. Definitely needs changing.

I liked the logo lott :)
The "O" letter is looking very creative in logo, which u have reused as a bubble also. Brilliant idea

The logo is an improvement. However the site is very scatty and needs some work to look a lot more appealing. Show your personality as at the moment it doesn't say much about you?

Maybe add a central image oppose to text this will make it look more visually appealing.

What is the significance of the o? Is there a reason?

Nice use of colours.

:)

Nice to see your new site. It has definitely improved. The alignments need watching a bit, though. And the central area - where you say "Gilmore Visuals. Think it. See it. Etc..." - it's too empty.

it has no noticeable structure. It's very white without any kind of visual boundaries to separate hierarchy. Basically it looks half finished.

The top half is too big and and the circle graphic on the right cuts of... it looks untidy.

The icons need a rollover state and also line up with something. Space them out a little too, they are very close to each other.

Re-work it, tidy it up.

Romack said:
(...) It's (...) without any kind of visual boundaries to separate hierarchy. (...)

Yes, I think hierarchy is one of the key factors that Gilmore should take into consideration.

But the logo has definitely improved. I also see a more creative approach to communication.

Back