Online File Storage

glenwheeler

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering what storage areas you guys use. I am currently using Drop Box which is pretty decent but I only have the 2GB space. I just wondered what you guys used?

On your dropbox, there are like 6 introduction steps. If you complete 4 of them you get 250mb free additional storage. Or at least it used to be like that. I don't use dropbox very often.

And frankly I don't have a ton of files that need to be stored online (I just have an external HDD). Everything pretty much goes on the same server as my site. Upload to onartis.com

gladinet (I use the free version) + skydrive (MS 25GB - free but limited to 50mb files) - mapped to explorer. Gladinet also works with dropbox/amazon etc too.

It's fine for me as I've got a nas too, plus I'm not going to go upload work files anyways as they're several hundred megs usually and my non disclosure policy :).

mobileme.

there's an iphone app (for free) and gives you 20GB worth of space.

it's not free (it's £58) but lets you track your iphone, set a passcode if it gets stolen, send a message and play a sound (even if it's on silent), and all this other stuff.

the capability of the email as well is crazy.

you can set passcode locks on confidential emails and you can provide people with downloads that expire after a set amount of time, as well as it being comprehensive push on your iphone.

and the best thing is that it's not just those simple things, you can wirelessly sync all your calendars and contacts to your mac/pc, iphone and your portal just by editing one of them, so you'll have a copy even if you're in hong kong without your possessions.

there's a 60 day trial on apple.com/uk/mobileme - have some fun

tim said:
mobileme.

there's an iphone app (for free) and gives you 20GB worth of space.

it's not free (it's £58) but lets you track your iphone, set a passcode if it gets stolen, send a message and play a sound (even if it's on silent), and all this other stuff.

the capability of the email as well is crazy.

you can set passcode locks on confidential emails and you can provide people with downloads that expire after a set amount of time, as well as it being comprehensive push on your iphone.

and the best thing is that it's not just those simple things, you can wirelessly sync all your calendars and contacts to your mac/pc, iphone and your portal just by editing one of them, so you'll have a copy even if you're in hong kong without your possessions.

there's a 60 day trial on apple.com/uk/mobileme - have some fun

Mobile me is £60 a year, and i just bought it yay!

lol rounding mate, works a treat tho dont it! love it!

PS; No biatches will be stealing my phone or ill activate the alarm :D

Back