Online Courses - Photoshop, Illustrator Etc..

xJaydeex

Hi, please be gentle :) I don't know where to start and maybe this is/isn't the right place to ask but im quite clueless at this point, I have no experience with adobe programmes but would love to learn how to use photoshop, illustrator etc so that I can design logos, flyers etc and then maybe web design at some point too, the thing is I have two small children so need to be able to learn in my own time/online if possible but im stuck on what to look for, im thinking of buying the creative cloud package so that I have access to all programmes I may need and think it works out a better price to get that than individual programmes. if anyone could point me in the right direction of where I may be able to do online courses or access to learning programmes that would be great. I have seen a lot of courses but they seem a bit expensive for what I need to learn as it wont be doing it to go get a job doing this just want to be able to do this from home if I ever felt I was good at it. I know some people are self taught and I thought about just trying to find material online but didn't want to be "stuck" with things and have no where to go id rather be following some sort of course...

I'd check out Lynda.com, their courses are pretty good. I'm almost entirely self-taught with all Adobe packages so can't really recommend any courses personally. Generally if I need to know how to do something specific, I'll search online for how to do it and take it a step at a time.

One thing to be aware of, and I'm sure you know this already but I'll mention it anyway, is that the Adobe packages are just tools. In order to design flyers, logos, etc, you'll need to actually know how to actually design to be able to compete at a professional level, especially if you want to offer web design as a service too.

I'd check out Lynda.com, their courses are pretty good. I'm almost entirely self-taught with all Adobe packages so can't really recommend any courses personally. Generally if I need to know how to do something specific, I'll search online for how to do it and take it a step at a time.

One thing to be aware of, and I'm sure you know this already but I'll mention it anyway, is that the Adobe packages are just tools. In order to design flyers, logos, etc, you'll need to actually know how to actually design to be able to compete at a professional level, especially if you want to offer web design as a service too.

Thanks that's a great help, ill have a look at that now. Yeah i understand that :)

Back